• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade? (Denver) my Sanke 15.5g keg for 6.5g glass carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobliebop

Reaction score
I picked up a sanke off CL a while ago. The guy I bought it from said it was legit, but I forget his backstory about it. It is a straight sided keg in very clean condition. No brewery name or serial number stamped in it. A red paint stripe along the middle. Not many nicks or dents even. Top has not been cut off. I was going to ferment in it eventually, but that's still a long way off and my wife wants it out of the garage.

I would like to trade this for a 6.5g glass carboy in good condition with one of those thermometer stickers and a plastic cap.

If you just want the keg and don't have a carboy to trade, I could price this out at my LHBS and just sell it to you for that.

Not interested in shipping (sorry).
:mug:

I will take it. No trades unfortunately.

The going rate for sanke's in denver is $25 since there are so many of them that float around this city. I buy them all the time, cut the lids off, as a ball valve and sell them. Of the 30 or so I have bought I have never paid more than $30 for them.

So I would give you $25 and come pick it up. A 6.5 gallon carboy at a local HBS will run you $45ish. Just know that you will never be able to get that much for sanke.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested.

Sorry, I'm gonna hold out for a trade then... while the going rate for kegs in the area may be $25 that rate is for BMC kegs. This one is in great condition and is legit. I know that a lot of people are moving from carboys to sankes to ferment 10g batches. Seems like they wouldn't be needing their carboys any more. I offered the cash option in case anyone really wants this and doesn't have a trade. In the end I'm looking to get the 6.5g carboy...

I live in Denver and have a 6.5 gallon carboy I don't need anymore. I'm around all weekend so let's set up a time.

Back