CO2 Manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Well, I have finally put together my CO2 manifold for my cold box draft unit. It has 2 in-line, secondary regulators that come off my primary regulator. The first goes to the 2 valved manifolds that supply my 5 main beer lines. One of these lines had a cross connection in it with 2 additional CO2 line for counter pressure filling and carbonating. The second regulator goes to my Cask Breather which Ts int my two beer engines/hand pumps.

Now I just have to get it installed in the box and I will be drinking in style.

CIMG19602.jpg

Is that disc shaped thing the Cask Breather? What does that do?

Looks complicated, but I'd expect nothing less from you :mug:

The Cask Breather is the disk thing. It simply keeps a blanket of CO2 on the beers I am pulling with the beer engines. These beers are not pushed with pressure, but rather pulled out by a pump. Traditionally as they are pulled Oxygen fills the air space and over a fairly short time the beer goes off unless it is drank in a day or two or three. The breather lets CO2 be drawn in but keeps it at atmospheric pressure. Most simply, it is a geek gismo.

The rest of it is really simple, just lines and connectors with some valves to shut off individual lines. I just installed it and it is going to be sweet.

I have a stout handle but I had not tought of adding Nitro. But now that you put it into my head...

Actually, the stout handle I have has an adjustable flow valve and so you can run it out nice and slow and get that wonderfully thick head we all want on our stout.

I will have to think about the whole nitro option. The other idea is beer gas which is a CO2 Nitro mix.

Thanks for stirring the pot. I always am looking for the next thing...

Brewpastor said:
I have a stout handle but I had not tought of adding Nitro. But now that you put it into my head...

Actually, the stout handle I have has an adjustable flow valve and so you can run it out nice and slow and get that wonderfully thick head we all want on our stout.

I will have to think about the whole nitro option. The other idea is beer gas which is a CO2 Nitro mix.

Thanks for stirring the pot. I always am looking for the next thing...

Gonna send the collection plate around twice this week?

Yeah, I remember the stout handle from the original plans, I just couldn't remember if you were planning on beer gas or not. Glad to plant the seed.

I am glad I have somebody to blame its planting on. One of these days SWMBO is going to get tired of all of this and it will be good to have somebody to deflect all of this to.

Now I need someone to shift my blame onto when my SWMBO gets annoyed with the brew gear. Any volunteers? :p Now that everything has been relocated to the garage, it's been pretty good, though.

Out of sight, out of mind.

If you need somebody to blame you can use me. Remember, I am a minister, people are always blaming me. What is one more?

The next time I'm coming through NM I'll have to stop in on a Sunday for a service and then some suds. That is if I can get off from doing the music my church...

I like the idea of blaming the Brewpastor. It makes it seem so much more credible! :p

I've done just about everything. When I was in high school, I played the elec. keyboard, then I ended up playing the bass. Then I played the guitar, and now I plan and lead the music, with my guitar. I do about everything except direct the choir.

Since I don't have a full time job teaching music yet...see my other post...it's nice to use my talents and skills in a very practical manner. Especially since I have a degree in music. There's times I have to re-arrange stuff on the fly, do transpositions, write 4-part harmony for choral parts, and I often arrange pieces for our handbell choir, that I direct. And that's all seperate from playing...

Back