My UPS guy probably hates me...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
He had to unload over 300# at my house yesterday, and this is the end result. My 6 year old daughter helped me unpack everything and she wanted in on the pics. I was only going to take one, but she was being such a ham for the camera (she's usually very shy) I took more. I probably enjoy these pics a lot more than any of you will, but I thought that I'd share them anyway.

NHC001-1.jpg

NHC002-1.jpg

NHC003-1.jpg

NHC004-1.jpg

Nice stash.

I know a lot of guys that would have to take that straight to the super secret hiding space in case of SWMBO

Im very jealous now, My ups guy probably hated me too until I started giving him a few homebrews. He probably has quite a collection now that the swmbo is selling pure romance, the poor guy is here every other day.

One more to add...

I wish I would have taken a before pic but I didn't. Here's the grain storage area of my brew room after everything was consolidated and put away. The large tubs are 54 qt. and will hold a 55# sack of MO with some room to spare.

NHC005-1.jpg

I dunno, I sure enjoyed checking out your stash and your pretty little lady posing with it. Does she brew with you?

He probably has quite a collection now that the swmbo is selling pure romance, the poor guy is here every other day.

Wha? I, uh,,.... um... is that a product, or uh.... maybe it's a cultural thing....

Anyway, I'd get upset if someone visited my SWMBO every other day for romance.

Sweet! Did that little girl come in a Briess bag? :D

Get those yeast vials in the fridge asap!

She didn't come in one, but she'd probably fit in an empty one!

ja, Sir!!!

That yeast went in the fridge about 30 seconds after these pics were taken. WLP005, WLP007 and 2 vials of WLP570. Of course after I placed this order I found out that Wyeast was releasing their Biere de Garde 3725 again this year, so now I have to get one of those since some of the grain pictured above is for a Biere de Garde.

What did one of those totes cost ya?

With my Kroger Plus card I get them for $9 each. Cheap storage if you ask me. The grain keeps long enough and I go through it fast enough that I haven't been able to justify an investment in a Food Saver just yet, but a couple more weeks of online poker profits like last week and I'll pick one up just because...

Yep, mine is behind the couch in the living room. Shhhhhs, dont' tell SWMBO :D

MaltStash.jpg

I can just see it now Ed...

[EdWort] Honey, look over there at the neighbors!
[Mrs. EdWort] Huh? Oh what are those *$$&$%$ doing now?!?!
[EdWort] deftly sneaks behind the couch and pulls out a sack of 2-row
[Mrs. EdWort] I don't see anything, Ed. How much Apfelwein have you had tonight?
[EdWort] Sorry honey, I thought I saw something but I guess I was wrong. You go back to watching WifeSwap and enjoy yourself, I'll be out in the brewhaus.

I dunno, I sure enjoyed checking out your stash and your pretty little lady posing with it. Does she brew with you?

I haven't let any of my 4 girls brew with me yet. I'm afraid of the banjo/boiling wort/small child combo. My 6 and 8 year olds are probably old enough to help out though. They listen pretty well and they would probably get a big kick out of helping daddy brew. They know that I make beer. As soon as I started unpacking the boxes from the order my 8 year old said "Oh, it's just grain" :D.

They did help me bottle before I started kegging though.

So how much did all that cost you? With shipping, that must be 800-1k dollars worth of grain and hops and the such.

Yep, mine is behind the couch in the living room. Shhhhhs, dont' tell SWMBO :D

MaltStash.jpg

Dedicated Brewhaus = $,$$$.$$
Sacks of Bulk Grain behind sofa = $$$.$$
Knowing that SWMBO wil NEVER look behind sofa = Priceless

or

Building Grain Storage into BrewHaus schema = Doh!

Nice Stash Ohio. We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Easy way is you leave the door unlocked and take some sleeping pills while I load up. The hard way, I'll beat you senseless with one of those grain totes. :D

Niiiice. I've never dropped $500 at one time on ingredients, that's fo sho. My 2 sacks of base grain should be here today, though, which is badass. And that's just Maris Otter and 2-row. I should probably order some Munich 10L and Pilsner while I'm at it---I'm thinking that my next bunch of brews will be Belgians, so I really could use more pils malt.

So what's in the lineup for you, Kyle? I mean, with all that malt and yeast and stuff sitting around, you can't not brew on any given week. I use that on my wife all the time...hey, baby, I have to brew this weekend...this yeast isn't gonna last much longer! :D

Anyway, that's badass, man...good jarb with the cards!

Some of them are in the planning line of my sig.

Oddly enough, I've been scheming on a lot of those. Roggenbier, BDG, SEB, BGS. I was thinking about brewing up a low-gravity Belgian Blonde, then, once it's done, brewing the BGS and dumping it on the cake. Given that you need such high attenuation, I'm thinking that might be the best option. Problem is, all I have is 1762 Rochefort and some harvested Forbidden Fruit, and I don't wanna place another order. Hm.

We should toss recipes back and forth on this stuff, fo sho.

We should toss recipes back and forth on this stuff, fo sho.

Absolutely. I'll get them sent off to you soon. I'm planning on using WLP570 for both the golden and the dark unless someone can convince me otherwise, and now that they've announced it I'm going to wait a couple of weeks until Wyeast's 3725 (Biere de Garde) is available.

I can't believe no one has commented on this yet... does she like, throw sex-toy parties and stuff? You have a webcam, perchance? ;)

:D Yup, she fills her car up with various stuff and drives to diffrent girls houses, the homeowner invites there female friends over, and wallaa its a good ole fashioned dong party. Ive tried to go tape it on many occasions but she wont let me.

:D Yup, she fills her car up with various stuff and drives to diffrent girls houses, the homeowner invites there female friends over, and wallaa its a good ole fashioned dong party. Ive tried to go tape it on many occasions but she wont let me.

I got three words for ya, my good man:

HIDDEN. DILDO. CAM.

Sorry, sorry.

So, riclark, what kind of dildos does your wife specialize in?

Dude, I dont even know, if there is a sex toy made....She sells it. Im having to get boxes of new demos every other day. The ups guy cant look at me with a straight face anymore.

Dude, I dont even know, if there is a sex toy made....She sells it. Im having to get boxes of new demos every other day. The ups guy cant look at me with a straight face anymore.

UPS Guy: Uh, sir, your wife's packages from Magnum Oscillating Latex are here and I could use some help unloading the boxes from Interstate Battery. :D

This thread started out so well... a cute 6 year old girl posing with a crapload of grain.

Now it's about dildos. lol

This thread started out so well... a cute 6 year old girl posing with a crapload of grain.

Now it's about dildos. lol

Well, you can take the homebrewer out of the gutter, but you can't take the gutter out of the homebrewer.

:off:Cute kid! And congrats on the big purchase.

Back