Red Oak Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
Any of you NC guys familiar with it? I noticed it while driving up the interstate the other day. Hadnt ever heard of it but I checked out their website and now I'm gonna have to stop next time.

That's their new facility- Red Oak is a longstanding brewpub in Greensboro, and you can get Red Oak Amber on tap around NC, but not in bottles yet. I love their beers, particularly the amber, which is an unfiltered lager, and is a really fine beer. Red Oak was the first beer I ever tried, courtesy of my father at a minor-league game in Greensboro- it's no wonder I'm such a beer fan now. Hopefully the new brewery will lead to a wider distribution, because they make an excellent product.

Grew up in Greensboro, lived in Chapel Hill for 7 years, and missing those Carolina brews. I'd love to make a Red Oak clone, but don't have the capacity to lager at this point.

Back