Live on YouTube: Hang out with the Brewers - Stone, DFH, Victory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was so cool!!! how did you know that was going to happen? Those guys talked about everything, where to go if you want to learn more about brewing fast, how to start a brewery, kinda blows my mind! I feel like I should pay someone some money. WOW They said they were going to post a recipe, do you know where that is?
Thanks again man!!! way to go

drkaeppel, thanks for the heads up on that. It was freaking great. I felt like I was sitting in on the conversation. And Will was a great interviewer. Totally a great way to spend an hour. Thanks again!:mug:

Stone released MANY of their recipes for home brewers in their book, The Craft of Stone Brewing Co. They scaled them down for 5 gallon batches. It's a great book!

I like stone but to bad they dont wont give any recipe hints at all to homebrewers, its all 100% biz to them

Greg Koch was great on the hangout and Stone is going to post the recipe for the collaboration beer they did with DFH and Victory. I believe BYO publish quite a few recipes from Stone in the past/

I like stone but to bad they dont wont give any recipe hints at all to homebrewers, its all 100% biz to them

I found plenty of recipes here:
The Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance

You won't find the Arrogant recipe; they consider that to be the Holy Grail!

Give it a browse, plenty of good stuff in it.

StoneBrewCookcover.jpg

That was so cool!!! how did you know that was going to happen? Those guys talked about everything, where to go if you want to learn more about brewing fast, how to start a brewery, kinda blows my mind! I feel like I should pay someone some money. WOW They said they were going to post a recipe, do you know where that is?
Thanks again man!!! way to go

I'm subscribed to Stone Brewing on YouTube, so I just happened to notice they were casting live when it popped up in my newsfeed. Not sure if or where they will post that recipe, but I do know that Stone will post recipes on their blog from time to time.

Glad you enjoyed it!

The only thing Stone knows how to do is make offensively bitter beers with alcoholic bite...I'm worthy of better of beer. I prefer complexity and nuance to hop tea with alcohol. Victory beers are pretty status quo. Nothing remarkable at all.

I would like to see one American craft brewery produce a good Kolsch or Doppelbock. Anything but this hoppy nonsense.

The only thing Stone knows how to do is make offensively bitter beers with alcoholic bite...I'm worthy of better of beer. I prefer complexity and nuance to hop tea with alcohol.

Here we go again.

Stone offers hoppy beers of various bitterness, sweetness, dryness, and maltiness. I'm sorry that you can't taste the difference.

Oh, and... You're Not Worthy!!

I like Sam Adams Double Bock and Troegs Troegenator. Those are the only two American Dopplebocks I like. They still can't touch Samichlaus!

OldWorld said:
The only thing Stone knows how to do is make offensively bitter beers with alcoholic bite...I'm worthy of better of beer. I prefer complexity and nuance to hop tea with alcohol. Victory beers are pretty status quo. Nothing remarkable at all.

I would like to see one American craft brewery produce a good Kolsch or Doppelbock. Anything but this hoppy nonsense.

Stone Smoked Porter is one of my all time favorites. Not over hopped. Good balance of roasty and chocolately with a kick of smoke in the back. Do some research before knocking them.

Back