banana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrell

Reaction score
Does anyone have a food banana wine recipe for me im new at this and would like a easy one

4 kg of bananas, 450 grams of raisins, 3 kg of sugar, 1 liter of strong tea, 1 dl of orange juilce and 1 dl of lemon juice. And of course yeast.

Peal the bananas and add them and the raisins to 5 liters of water, pour in the orange juice, lemon juice, the tea and boil for 30 minutes.

Separate the gunk with a strainer and pour the liquid into a fermentation bucket. Add more water and the suger until you hit 10 liter. Pitch the yeast. The one used in this recipe is a generic strong wine yeast.

No idea how it tastes though, I love bananas but I don't think they'd make a good wine. Although, it's kinda popular here in Sweden.

I made a banana wine once and it was really good... really really good in fact I don't know why I have not made it again.

5 lbs bannans
2 lbs brown sugar
1 gallon of water
1/2 tsp. acid blend
pectic enzyme is a must!!!! didn't use any and I had banana jelly floating in the top of my primary fermenter.

Then use normal fruit wine procedures. primary ferment with fruit in nylon bags week to 10 days and then move liquid to a secondary and so on and so on. When it was all said and done the wine tasted kind of like a dry cream soda. It was really good!!!! If you gave it to some one and said "what does this taste like?" they would never say banana but once you knew you could totally taste the banana

I have a really nice banana wine recipe posted. (Look under my avatar at the "recipes" pulldown). It is really good, and the instructions are simple.

Hi i'm new to the whole wine making process. I've purchased a 64oz. container of Welch's Concord grape juice that I want to use as a starter. Do you or anyone you might know can give me a few pointers on how to begin?

Hi i'm new to the whole wine making process. I've purchased a 64oz. container of Welch's Concord grape juice that I want to use as a starter. Do you or anyone you might know can give me a few pointers on how to begin?

I have a recipe posted for Welch's juice, so you can check that out. It's easy. The only thing is you have to look at the label. Often the juice (but not the frozen juice) has sodium benzoate, a preservative that won't ferment. You can't use a juice with benzoate or sorbate.

Yooper said:
I have a really nice banana wine recipe posted. (Look under my avatar at the "recipes" pulldown). It is really good, and the instructions are simple.

Cant get the recipe! Ugh and i bought it all and im ready to cook lol

So far so good, i had the bucket covered its only day 3 in primary... and it blew off and scared the living hell out my dogs. Is this normal for it to blow off? What did you guys use? Im afraid what will happen if the O2 gets to it? Or if this even matter? Thank u.

You want air to be able to get into the primary for healty yeast. Put a towel over the top and secure with a rubber band chain. I am guessing this is a bucket you are using. If it is pretty full put lid on but don't snap or screw the lid on. Just use it to keep towel from sagging in the must. I have a blueberry and a plum going just like that right now. Mike

Back