diet soda?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A4J

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to get into making soda, but I drink entirely too much of it and so I've switched to diet soda last year.

It might be blasphemous, but does anyone have any recipes for diet soda?

Oh, and how easy is it to make soda?

You could sweeten with Splenda to your preferred taste then carbonate with a small amount of real sugar. But that would depend on your preference for non-caloric sweetners.

Soda making seems rather simple since there will be little time for contamination:
2-3 days carbonating depending on temps
then straight to fridge.

Mumm I would love to be able to make some Diet Ginger soda. I'm not much of a real soda type of person, just to sweet for me.

I'm not much of a real soda type of person, just to sweet for me.
I agree, but that seems like the perfect reason to make your own...you can customize it to the sweetness level you prefer. It can be healthier too, with no preservatives or other additives.

A few times, I've mixed some lemon juice from my tree with water and a bit of Splenda, and carbed it in a soda bottle with a carb-cap and some vigorous shaking. Sparkling diet lemonade, not bad at all.

+1 on the splenda. If you have a keg set up, you just mix to your desired flavor and put it under pressure. You could also do natural carbing with some corn sugar ans champagne yeast once you get to your preferred sweetness. We made my wife a batch of ginger beer that way and its fantastic, the sparkling carbing is a big hit.

Next time your at your LHBS, take a look at the instructions for the soda extract bottles. Most have recipes for low-cal soda, where it explains how much natural sugar to use for carbing and how much artificial sweetener to use.

Next time you're at your LHBS, take a look at the instructions for the soda extract bottles. Most have recipes for low-cal soda, where it explains how much natural sugar to use for carbing and how much artificial sweetener to use.

Latest posts

Back