First Quasi-Mass Consumption of Moss Hollow Brew...uh oh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Plenty of people have tried my beer, but most of them have been friends, family, fellow brewers and HBT'ers. I get tons of complements, but hey, you never know...

So there's a guy here in town who is on HBT once in a grand, grand while who used to be a city councilman until recently, and makes nothing but cider...tons and tons of really good cider. He was over for a beer and we talked about me brewing a batch for this annual Democratic Party Pasta Dinner. Of course I'm happy to oblige, even though I'm no democrat (or republican for that matter). So I brewed a version of my smoked porter without the peated malt, and it'll soon be consumed by a good many strangers :eek: . Along with my stuff, and his cider, a couple other guys are putting up kegs, to be known collectively as the Charlottesville Brewing Caucus.

I so subtly call mine "Subsidized Porter" :p. I hope those dems have a sense of humor. We'll see how it goes...

The other guys were doing lighter ales, so he asked me for a porter, which he'd tried before and liked. It's not a beastly porter, though, so it should be okay.

My bigger worry is that it won't be drinking very well in 2 weeks. Yeah, yeah, short notice.

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll give them that dunkelweizen that I have ready to be kegged. Hmmm.

Back