So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This tomorrow (Sat). BC Pale Ale 10 Gallons gonna be a long day with my 5 gallon setup. Also cleaning kegs and kegging a mild that's occupying a fermentor needed for the pale ale.

nikichilds said:
I'm brewing a Cigar City Jai Alai (IPA) clone this weekend. YUM :mug:

Yum is right, just picked up some this morning. Solid IPA, let us know how it turns out.

Can anyone tell me if Centennial and Willamette work well together? Doing a 1 gallon batch and want to use some open hops. I also have Styrian G and Northern Brewer and Columbus open as well if those work better? Thanks.

2.4 lbsAmerican 2-row
0.35 lbs2-Row Caramel Malt 40L
0.2 lbsVienna Malt
0.2 ozCentennial - boiled 60 min
0.1 ozCentennial - boiled 30 min
0.2 oz Willamette -boiled 15 min
0.1 oz Willamette -boiled 5 mins

S-04 yeast

Can anyone tell me if Centennial and Willamette work well together? Doing a 1 gallon batch and want to use some open hops. I also have Styrian G and Northern Brewer and Columbus open as well if those work better? Thanks.

2.4 lbsAmerican 2-row
0.35 lbs2-Row Caramel Malt 40L
0.2 lbsVienna Malt
0.2 ozCentennial - boiled 60 min
0.1 ozCentennial - boiled 30 min
0.2 oz Willamette -boiled 15 min
0.1 oz Willamette -boiled 5 mins

S-04 yeast

I have never used Centennial and Willamette together, but I have used Cascade and Willamette. My house Amber Ale is bittered with Magnum. Cascade and Willamette are used for flavoring and aroma. The combination of citrus and floral earthy hops work well. You should be good.

I was going to brew later tonight, but didn't get my starter going in time. Shooting for Wednesday night now.

Just finished a blonde bombshell. Hit the og right on the mark :D I am using the white lab liquid yeast this time to see if there is any difference

Just started batch no. 4 of American Orange Wheat, for a house warming gift for a buddy. Will bottle my Lefthand Milk Stout clone tomorrow.

Belgian IPA boiling away right now.

One of my last extract batches before I go AG (still have a 2.5 gallon porter to go).

Got up at 3:30 to start brewing an IPA at 4. Just about to drain the 2nd runnings and get the boil started and the sun isn't even up yet.

Dropped off two different beers for a comp this weekend, but no brewing. Next weekend, still no brewing, but busy nonetheless. Gonna bottle my Mild, rack my Scotch Ale onto oak in secondary, and rack my Cal Common into secondary for a few weeks of swamp cooler pseudo-lagering.

Just put in fermenter. Breakwater pale ale from norther brewer. Was one of those good days where everything mashes together !! Hope the end result is just as good !!!!!

Cheers to all ! Drink one for the Gipper !!!

Finally made my wee heavy on Sunday, spent the whole day in front of the stove, but it's done and it's going to be glorious.

Bottling a robust porter tonight, brewing my version of a winter beer on Wednesday...a 1.062 gravity Belgain dark with 16 oz of tart cherry concentrate added after primary.

Think I'll brew up the White House Honey Ale this wknd...I've been brewing nothing but dark beers and SWMBO wants something lighter. Plus, it'll be ready for Inauguration Day. I'd rather brew the porter, but one must please the clientele...

:off:

Think I'll brew up the White House Honey Ale this wknd...I've been brewing nothing but dark beers and SWMBO wants something lighter. Plus, it'll be ready for Inauguration Day. I'd rather brew the porter, but one must please the clientele...

Sneaking past the secret service to get the White House honey must be a pain ;):D

Could not help my self... I'm a little off this morning

Hah--if only. I'm doing the next best thing I guess, buying locally produced honey from VA. I'm sure if the WH sold its honey the main consumers would be homebrewers looking to clone the recipe!

Kegging an amber this weekend and expecting to spend Black Friday in the brew cave working up a hoppy American red ale.

Cheers!

Well with a four day weekend I'm going to try and brew two batches!
I've had a request for a cream stout and a wheat beer so I picked up grain for both.

Looks like I'm brewing after all. Racking two beers to secondary, bottling two beers, and brewing a batch with yeast harvested from one of the batches I'm bottling.

Made a Smoked Porter on Sunday. Didn't plan on 71% eff and the 7% abv i should get... but i'll take it! Hour 48 since pitching yeast and its bubblin strong at a consistent 66 degrees. Gotta love it.

Back