Busy Brew Day!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewtastic

Reaction score
Today was probably the busiest brew day I've ever done.

Started with brewing five gallons of a simcoe/el dorado IPA. During which time I also smoked a rack of ribs and a chicken. Baked a loaf if bread, made potato salad and a batch of BBQ sauce.

The end result.

image-3976803498.jpg

In the top corner is my chocolate chili mild. Goes great with some BBQ.

There's no real point to this thread other than I felt like bragging.

I make everything homemade as much as possible. And the ribs were indeed delicious. My favorite part is that tomorrow morning I will make BBQ breakfast tacos out of them.

You've got your ribs, bread, BBQ sauce, potatoe salad, but where's the beer!! I thought your beer would be ready today! (I can't tell you how many people think beer is done the day you brew.)

you should brag - food looks great and i'm sure the beer's awesome!

After all that work, it seems like there's just something missing...

Oh, I know what it is - ME!

Definitely an ambitious brew day, man - but the results look outstanding. Since smoking is such a "set and forget" thing, I think you've inspired me to try this on a future brew day. It should take about as long to smoke a pork butt as it does to brew an all-grain batch!

As long as you're openly bragging, did you make that sausage too? :)

gstrawn said:
You've got your ribs, bread, BBQ sauce, potatoe salad, but where's the beer!! I thought your beer would be ready today! (I can't tell you how many people think beer is done the day you brew.)

Ha! Yeah I get that one too. But actually in the top left corner of the photo there's the bottom of a glass. It's got chocolate chili dark mild ale in it.

And no I did not make the sausage. I was planning on it but ran out of time. So I sent the wife out for it.

Back