Carbonator Cap Leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
Hey All,

So I got a carbonator cap (for free) and am having an issue with it. The cap seals tightly on the bottle, but there is a leak between the grey gas ball lock connector and the carbonator cap itself. I replaced the gasket on the "post" of the cap, but it still leaks. Anyone have any idea why? or how to fix it?

-Eric

I just tried the carbonator cap I bought a few months back and find the same problem -- A very slow gas leak when pressurized. I tried a few things but find if I add a slightly smaller o-ring on the top--just sits loosely there until I place the gas ball lock connector over it and snap it down. No more gas leak. Looks like the stock o-ring is just a tad too small or my ball-lock connector is just a tad too big.

I think it's the plastic body of the cabonator itself. It gets worn fairly quickly and the poppet will no longer seal. I have this issue with my older carbonator, for a while I could wiggle the poppet with my finger and get to seal, finally it just would not seal at all.

I think it's the plastic body of the cabonator itself. It gets worn fairly quickly and the poppet will no longer seal. I have this issue with my older carbonator, for a while I could wiggle the poppet with my finger and get to seal, finally it just would not seal at all.

Quality.

Mine was leaking gas right out of the package. I took off the o-ring put some plumbers tape on the post where the o-ring goes and put some keg lube on the o-ring and plopped it on top of the plumbers tape. It made the o-ring stick out just a little bit more and now there seems to be a leak free connection.

Back