Let's Hear It From The Louisiana Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! Based out of Shreveport! (just getting started, haven't even brewed my first batch yet!)

Shreveport here too. Looking for a local club to join. Been brewing/making wine for about 4 years. Wanna share some homebrews with people who actually appreciate them! Pm me with any club info. Thanks.

Looking for local brewers btw... It'd be great to meet some locals who share the passion for brewing

Hi, I'm a Monroe Brewer also. I live out in the Parish, out towards Prairie Road. I have been doing extract brewing. Working on a brew table. My goal is to make a HERMS, running low on cash at the moment. I am interested to see what you local Monroe brewers are doing.

Just starting out here in Baton Rouge, Highland/Perkins area. Really looking forward to quaffing my first batch of Oktoberfest in about a month!

Hi, I'm a Monroe Brewer also. I live out in the Parish, out towards Prairie Road. I have been doing extract brewing. Working on a brew table. My goal is to make a HERMS, running low on cash at the moment. I am interested to see what you local Monroe brewers are doing.

I have had a busy brewing summer. I've slowed down a bit in the last month. I was brewing every weekend but now I'm brewing about twice a month. I made the switch to All Grain about 2 months ago and am now on my 5th AG batch. Its really every bit as easy as extract only the ingredients are less expensive. I currently have an oatmeal stout in primary and a Stone Clone IPA, and Octoberfast Ale in secondary. Will be placing an order for my next brew today. I'm looking at making the Hobgoblin Clone and an amber that I've been tweaking with each batch x 3.

Shreveport now has a homebrew supply store! Woo Hoo!
(Brewniverse, next to Superior steakhouse. Check it out)

Just saw Brewniverse last night! It was closed but I was looking inside like a kid at a toy store... I'll try to survey the scene and get a read on what all they have. Initially I saw some box kits and a bunch of shelves of Louisiana and other craft beer. It'll be nice to have something local!

Edit: apparently there's this thing called the Internet... Decent selection!

http://www.brewniversebeerstore.com/2701.html

Just brewed my first batch in Livonia (near New Roads, North-West of Baton Rouge).

Grew up (and currently work) in Baton Rouge.

Bout 45 minutes north east of Alexandria. Central Louisiana seems to be a homebrewing black hole.

Like I said, I'm not sure how active either group may be, but here's what I know. If you get involved let me know how it's going.

Awesome! Thanks. It is probably unfair for me to say no one homebrews up here. I really do not know a wide range of people here as I am a damn yankee.

Interesting. Any info on the Brew Clubs?

I am a member of the Fort Miro Brewmasters. I think we have around 15 active members now. The club was started about a year ago. We have been slow getting started but things are starting to move now. We meet once a month at various pubs in Monroe (usually the Pickle Barrel) to discuss beer and brewing and normaly have about 8-10 in attendance. We are in the process of starting quarterly club brew days where all are invited to a day of brewing and fellowship at our hosts home. We recently participated in an event called Blend of the Bayou which is a fundraiser for the Arts of Northeast Louisiana. We brewed up about 75 gallons of beer and gave it out to the attendees. It was a great success. If you are interested in more information please feel free to join our facebook page that old ned listed above. We have a rapidly growing club full of really nice and interesting people from all walks of life. We have brand new brewers and some who have brewed for 10 years or more.

I am a member of the Fort Miro Brewmasters. I think we have around 15 active members now. The club was started about a year ago. We have been slow getting started but things are starting to move now. We meet once a month at various pubs in Monroe (usually the Pickle Barrel) to discuss beer and brewing and normaly have about 8-10 in attendance.

This is great to hear! I have liked the facebook page. Is there someone specific I should try and get in touch with?

This is great to hear! I have liked the facebook page. Is there someone specific I should try and get in touch with?

Look for Troy Lizenby on the facebook page. He's the guy that puts together most of our meetings.

I am a member of the Fort Miro Brewmasters. I think we have around 15 active members now. The club was started about a year ago. We have been slow getting started but things are starting to move now. We meet once a month at various pubs in Monroe (usually the Pickle Barrel) to discuss beer and brewing and normaly have about 8-10 in attendance. We are in the process of starting quarterly club brew days where all are invited to a day of brewing and fellowship at our hosts home. We recently participated in an event called Blend of the Bayou which is a fundraiser for the Arts of Northeast Louisiana. We brewed up about 75 gallons of beer and gave it out to the attendees. It was a great success. If you are interested in more information please feel free to join our facebook page that old ned listed above. We have a rapidly growing club full of really nice and interesting people from all walks of life. We have brand new brewers and some who have brewed for 10 years or more.

My dad was at Blend of the Bayou. That's how I found out about the group. Life's a little crazy right now, but I hope to catch up with you guys in the future. I'd really be interested in attending a brew day to see other people's process(es). That said, if one was set up I may or may not have the time to attend. Thanks for the info, and keep us updated on happenings.

Come check out the Crescent City Homebrewers. We're the oldest (and only) club in New Orleans. We meet every first Wednesday of the month at 7pm at the Deutches Haus in Metairie. Excuse the website...it's a little outdated (we're working on that). December's meeting is on the first Friday, since it's our Christmas party.

http://www.crescentcityhomebrewers.org/
http://deutscheshaus.org/

Welcome aboard!
from Gonzales.
there are 3 clubs in Baton rouge.
I belong to Red Stick Brewmasters.
You should check one out if you have not already.

Welcome aboard!
from Gonzales.
there are 3 clubs in Baton rouge.
I belong to Red Stick Brewmasters.
You should check one out if you have not already.

Indeed!

I vote for Brasseurs a la Maison, but I am also quite biased. ;) I will vouch, however, that the red stick guys are good people and you'd not go wrong with them, either. :) Don't know any of the Bicycle Brew Club guys.

Back