Let's talk about corrupt NBA officials...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't watch a lot of NBA games, but can imagine this taking place in the NFL where officials aren't even full time employees and have to maintain careers outside the NFL.

Makes you wonder about some of the horrible calls that Refs make: ignorance, legitimate mistake or alterior motive?

Since Bird, Magic & Dr. J retired I would rather watch "Who's The Boss" reruns. The NBA sucks.

Some good commentary on this issue from a blogger on ESPN: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-26-73/A-potential-nightmare.html

If arrests are made, this is the biggest issue in sports; it cuts to the very heart of what sports mean to people. This also likely means that Vegas is probably out as a possible new city for an NBA franchise, as has long been rumered (even though corruption could just as easily occur in San Antonio or Sacramento as in Sin City); public perception won't allow it.

I swear to God, David Stern's going to have someone shot over this.

Boston said:
Since Bird, Magic & Dr. J retired I would rather watch "Who's The Boss" reruns. The NBA sucks.

This is bigger than the NBA, though. If it can happen there, why not major league umpires? Why not NFL officials?

the_bird said:
This is bigger than the NBA, though. If it can happen there, why not major league umpires? Why not NFL officials?

True, this is a huge story....I am just venting about how a league/sport I once loved has been ruined by punks, hoodlums & gangstas

Yeah, I can see this causing problems throughout pro sports. Maybe because of this the various sports will start rating officials and holding them accountable for poor calls. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice...

Boston, I'm with you. I can't even watch the nba anymore. Huge ncaa fan, went to uconn, but can't stand the nba now...

the_bird said:
As Bill Simmons said, it's such as shame that David Stern pushed Amare and Diaw onto the court like that....

How dare those refs interfere with the NBA.
Don't they know that it's Stern's job to determine the outcome.

We always knew this had/has been going on in all sports - college and pro- for a long time now. This doofus just got caught.

Latest posts

Back