Bayou Classic Triple High Pressure Propane Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikrocks

Reaction score

I know there's a thread on the folding double burner, but this looks like a great option for a cheap, single tier brewstand. The description does say it will hold "three large sized stock pots up to 60 quarts." Plus, the 15 PSI kit is an extra bonus.

I'm in the market for an actual rig since I was able to grab 3 1/2 barrels off craigslist the other day, and this looks very tempting. Someone please tell me why I shouldn't go for it...

It's $200 shipped from Bayou Classic.

Based on my quick search. I found that it only measures 39" long with the folding sections makes is 60" long. With the burner section only being 39" you will only get 2 keggles on there.

"This triple propane burner has three 16 x 16 inch cooking surfaces."

How are you getting 39" total?

Here. Seems to me it is only 39 inches long.

This one is from amazon,
Product Features

* Large 14-1/4-by-39-inch cooking surface with 3 burners
* 13-inch-tall heavy-duty steel frame; triple brass control valves
* Extension legs raise height to 25 inches with no screws or bolts
* Two side shelves extend length to 60-1/2 inches; 1-year warranty
* Comes with 3-foot pressure hose, regulator kit, and instructions

This one is from next tag,
Bayou Classic TRIPLE - BURNER Outdoor Patio Stove
Bayou Classic TRIPLE - BURNER Outdoor Patio Stove
The Bayou Classic TB650 triple burner outdoor patio stove range with side shelves is perfect for tailgate parties camping or backyard cooking, 13 Tall heavy duty steel frame Extension legs raise height to 25 14 25 x 39 Large cooking surface Two side shelves extend width to 60 5 Three 6 cast iron fry burners and brass control valves 36 Stainless braided hose 15 PSI preset

Edit: Here is the link to bayou classics catalog. In there it even says the carton size is 39.75"
http://www.thebayou.com/Pages/Print_files/2010 catalog.swf

Interesting...

I just PM'ed BayouClassic, since they are a HBT vendor. Hopefully they'll clear this up!

Compelling evidence... Id concur 39" I have checked like 5 websites too....

Those wings arent 6" wide, which is what they would have to be if they made it 60" wide and the burner surface was as you stated, 48" wide.

The catalogue sayes the cooking surface is 14.25" x 39"....

Product Information:

13" tall heavy duty steel frame.

Extension legs raise height to 25"

14.29" X 39" large cooking surface.

Two side shelves extend width to 60.5"

Three 6" cast iron fry burners and brass control valves.

36" stainless braided hose.

15 PSI preset regulator.

...two keggles

Here's the reply I just got:
Thank you for your question. All of our dimensions list the cooking surface as 14.25" x 39". There is a site or two out that that have it wrong. To be on the safe side in the morning I will have someone double check the measurements and will let you know.

I wrote back that it is the bayouclassicdepot.com website that lists it as a 16" cooking surface. Weird. I'll let you know what I hear tomorrow...

Here's the reply I just got:

I wrote back that it is the bayouclassicdepot.com website that lists it as a 16" cooking surface. Weird. I'll let you know what I hear tomorrow...

I hope they don't forget about you. I would like to know. You have a great idea and it would be helpful to a lot of folks to go this route.

Sorry, I almost forgot to pot the response.

THeir official website is actually www.bayouclassiccooking.com. On that site, they have the correct 14" (39" total) dimentions listed. The site I had found--www.bayouclassicdept.com--is a retail site.

So yeah, thanks GreenMonti. I'm glad I didn't plunk down $200 for a useless rig.

Sorry, I almost forgot to pot the response.

THeir official website is actually www.bayouclassiccooking.com. On that site, they have the correct 14" (39" total) dimentions listed. The site I had found--www.bayouclassicdept.com--is a retail site.

So yeah, thanks GreenMonti. I'm glad I didn't plunk down $200 for a useless rig.

Hey, no worries. I didn't know. I just got lucky with the sites that had it right. Happy brewing friend.:mug:

I have seen the "brew stand" kit with 3 of the 10" BG14 burners and a 0-40 PSI regulator for $160 but I want one that also has individual controls because I do not know what to use. This illustration shows them connected with copper and simple controls. Does anyone know of a more sophisticated controller for the burners that would work? Would gas stove controls work?

Back