Meet the Average German

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
german460x276.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/25/germany?gusrc=rss&feed=worldnews

Click the link. Here's it in a nutshell.

By the book

The average German...
· Has sex 117 times a year
· Wakes up at 6.23am
· Travels 24.5 miles a day
· Works 30.3 hours a week (41.4 hours in 1960)
· Drives a six-year-old silver metallic Volkswagen Golf which is washed nine times a year
· Walks towards the right when entering a shop
· Considers price to be more important than quality when shopping
· Has 971 sq ft of living space (a family of 2.2 people) which costs €408 a month in rent
· Dreams of stripping the woodchip wallpaper and laying down cherry or walnut parquet
· Takes 15 minutes to fall asleep
· Earns € 3,702 a month

She looks like that... drinks like that... and puts out, on average, every three days?

Does she come in a 6-pack?

After reading that list, I guess I'm more "German" than I realized. My ancestory is pretty much all German, but I've only been there once. Half of those things are me to a T. The one that really scared me was that I actually have my alarm set for 6:23AM.:eek:

Everybody saw 2.25 times per week and nobody(but me) saw
Considers price to be more important than quality when shopping

Give them 20 years and Bud light will be the best selling beer in Ger (I can't finish the :( )

Give them 20 years and Bud light will be the best selling beer in Ger (I can't finish the :( )

I saw 2.25 times per week and then I didn't see anything else!

Work 30 hours a week?! Are ya kidding me? I'd die for a 30 hour week. I do a month of their work in less than 2 weeks. Sex every 2-3 days would be icing on the cake.

I have a pregnant wife, I'd be luck to get it twice a week... altho in a few more months she's going to be too pregnant to sex it up...

I'm in your boat. :( Hopefully she starts feeling better soon cause I can't take it much longer.

Work 30 hours a week?! Are ya kidding me? I'd die for a 30 hour week. I do a month of their work in less than 2 weeks. Sex every 2-3 days would be icing on the cake.

They get at least 20 days of paid vacation per year, too. Also, paid sick, pregnancy, maternity/paternity and personal leave.

geez, I wonder where they found a picture of my ex.

That's why the RHG has to stay. At least it puts some bounds on how cheaply a beer can be made.

Kai

I have a pregnant wife, I'd be luck to get it twice a week... altho in a few more months she's going to be too pregnant to sex it up...

How far along is she? The second trimester - at least for some women - brings with it an absolutely PHENEOMENAL collection of hormones. Get out the Crisco and the latex gloves, it's time to get freaky!

I saw that as well. Seemed very un-German to me. I wonder when they'll get their first Walmarx.

I saw that as well. Seemed very un-German to me. I wonder when they'll get their first Walmarx.

There were Wal-Marts In Germany for a while, but they sold their stores after not making enough $$$. In any case, the EU has consumer protection laws that make Ralph Nader look like a neo-conservative, so most of the stuff that is sold over there is of pretty decent quality by default.

How far along is she? The second trimester - at least for some women - brings with it an absolutely PHENEOMENAL collection of hormones. Get out the Crisco and the latex gloves, it's time to get freaky!

I know. What's up with this "too pregnant to sex it up"? I've heard it's usually the man that freaks out about sex during that time rather than the woman.

Latest posts

Back