Neat Bottles for Mead or Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTexBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Found these bottles in my Kroger's. In the Mexican Food Aisle. Sangria Soda. Neat shape to the bottle and they are pop tops. 330 ml

They are frequently on sale for $0.65 each.

image-995419710.jpg

image-3606229.jpg

These are awesome I have been paying close to a dollar (after shipping) for bottles that are not quite as cool, but a little larger. I might have to go deplete all the krogers in the area of these haha

Indeed, those are some pretty bottles. I would definitely love to have some kind of nice bottle like that for my cider.

Grocery Outlet is a good place also. I get these bottles for under a $1 sometimes even
$0.79 I like the twist cap, but they also will do cork really well. They are extremely heavy glass I like the thickness to them. They also come in green, Dark Green, and clear. I boil them and remove the labels then sanitize them before use. Martinelli's 750ml they always go on sale.
lemsppricklypassion25_lg.jpg

spac_sm.jpg

I been looking ay these too they're 79cents at Winco here. Are they ok for carbed cider? Would a red capper work on these?

I been looking ay these too they're 79cents at Winco here. Are they ok for carbed cider? Would a red capper work on these?

If you are talking about the sangria soda bottles the red wing capper will work. I just put one on an empty bottle to test. My cider is still in secondary so I have not used them yet. I can only assume that they should work. Will be another couple of months before my cider is bottled and carbonated.

How heavy are this sangria bottles? They look like they would make fantastic saison bottles if they are heavy enough.

mmmmm i bought some clear ones at a homebrew shop about 2 years ago because a made a carbed apple pie and payed almost 30 bux for 24 of them. im all over cosco if i can get them cheap if the liquid sucks then ill dump that.

oops i just realized the size. i for some reason thought these were 7 oz bottles. still a good deal

How heavy are this sangria bottles? They look like they would make fantastic saison bottles if they are heavy enough.

If you are carbonating them to 3.2 volumes, I would think they would be fine. From what I can find commercial soda's are carbonated anywhere from 2.5 to 4 volumes.

I will be using these bottles in about 4 weeks to bottle my cider. I plan to carbonate the cider so I will post how they work.

Back