• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado Local Only Single Tier System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How well does the water heater work? Did u pre heat water before boiling with it? Interested in possible trade for hop rocket from blinchman

It works ok. I used it to preheat water but some people don't like the idea of running brew water through a water heater. It can't get over 110ish due to a safety shutoff. I think it can be disabled but I didn't feel comfortable doing it. Was happy to be starting off higher than 60.

The way you adjust temp is by changing the gas flow and water flow. High gas, low water is the hottest but generally caused a shutoff. It worked fine if you play with it so it runs constantly without getting too hot.

Looks like a "brewers equipment" brew stand (aka a Marcus brew stand). I know because I have one (bought it used). I think they're out of business now. Do a search and you'll find a ton of info (more like a soap opera).

EDIT: Didn't mean to sound sound negative on a For Sale thread -- I've been happy with mine...

It is a Brewers Equipment stand. I also think they are out of business. I know people had problems with the business but I think they're generally happy with the product. I haven't had any problems with it. I am almost ready with my new electric system and its taking up necessary space in the garage.

I will post dimensions tomorrow.

How about $100 for the water heater with quick disconnect garden hose fitting on inlet(brass) and hose barb with silicon tube and copper hook on outlet. $90 without fittings or tubing.

Or trade for a hoprocket.

Latest posts

Back