Trouble with Auber 2362 PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewfreeordie

Reaction score
I've checked a bunch of thread and can't find an answer so I figured I'd ask in case anyone had a guess.

After about a month and $1,000 worth of gizmos, I'm finally at the stage in my EBIAB where I'm trying to boil water. Right now I'm using an Auber 2362 with a RTD-PT100 sensor. The probe checks out at 32F for ice water right on the nose, and I've verified that with 3 other thermometers. The problem is 2 things:

1.) When I do an auto-tune to about 140F the temp raises quickly but never quite reaches 140F on the display. It stops at 135 or so. If I do it at 180F it will stop at 170F.

2.) The higher my temperature reading the more inaccurate the probe becomes. It will start to drift past 50 degrees and then will be off by as much as 10 degrees from the actual temperature (all 3 of my other thermometers are within a degree of each other). When I switch to 100% manual to do a boil test, the probe doesn't read anything higher than 202F.

I know I've got it set for HYS of 1 and a probe type of 10.0. Everything else is default. Any suggestions as to where to look?

brewfreeordie said:
Somehow after a couple water cycles it straightened itself out. I'm getting within a degree now.

Uh oh, this might be evidence that PIDs learn on their own without autotune!

I didn't like to accuracy of my 2362 at first. Auto tuned twice and it would still over shoot by 5-10F. Thought it might be broken. Used it 2-3 times more and it settled down.

Back