Am i in trouble???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branding-iron316

Reaction score
My wife and my mom made vegetable soup in my brew pot yesterday. Is the pot still usable or will all beers made be tasting like soup??? Any advice to save it???

Seriously this is a post? Wash it with soap and hot water. Then you can re-use the pot for a brew. Sorry if I seem blunt.

Hey sorry for the apparently stupid question but all things I have read about is keep other things than beer pot...

Sorry if I seemed harsh but if you wash it. It removes all debris and odor if for some reason its still funky smelling then sani it be for a brew. A clean pot won't effect a brew.

My first brew pot started out as a canning pot, moved on to cooking down tomato juice to make spaghetti sauce, and finally to a brew pot. If I can get the spaghetti sauce flavor out, you won't have any problem with soup. Wash and rinse and rinse and rinse because any soap residue will kill the head on your beer.

Thanks all! I have scrubbed the bejesus out of it and plan to boil some water and use sanitation wash but glad I can still use it!!

If we couldn't use my brew pot for things other than beer, I'm not sure SWMBO would have approved the purchase so quickly.

The beer still turns out great.

I understand your concerns. Although I only have about a dozen batches under my belt, I remember freaking out about every little think my first couple of brews. All you need to remember is to clean, rinse and sanitize well and follow directions. Lastly, I have found that its pretty hard to mess up a batch. Enjoy !

Back