Best homebrew podcasts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePro

Reaction score
Hey, HBT!

So far you guys have been a great (if not the best) resource online for homebrewing! I want to first thank you for being so informative, respective, and resourceful.

After browsing over a few threads, I saw that there are podcasts from well-respected and knowledgeable homebrewers. Since I have a 9-5 that lets me listen to music, I'd like to see if I can't listen to these podcasts to sharpen my knowledge.

Question is: what are the recommended sites and casters?

Thanks!

The Brewing Network Sunday Session is the most entertaining and also the most informative, depending on the guest. Look for shows with Vinnie Cilurzo, Dan Gordon, Matt Brynildson, the first three with Jamil Zainesheff, etc.

I really like the brewcrazy podcasts ... They can be found at brewcrazy.com which also has a lot of other good info to browse during free time :).

I have Basic Brewing Radio and BrewStrong on my IPOD. I get them from iTunes, but they have their own websites also.

I really like both, but tend to listen to BBR more as it's more information and less chit chat. I do love John Palmer and Jamil Zainasheff on Brewstrong as well.

Basic Brewing Radio, end of story. Start from Episode 1 and work your way through their epic archives. I've listened to every episode, starting in 2005, and have learned a TON.

The shows on the Brewing Network and Basic Brewing Radio are great...
If you want just straight Brewing talk go with Basic Brewing Radio, the shows especially in the first 2-3 years were great...though it has kind of gotten a little dry lately.

If you want Great brewing info and some entertainment go with The Brewing Network.
The Jamil Show when he was doing all of the style profiles...Excellent! Can't beat it.
I enjoy the Sunday Session now, but the first time I listened I was like what the hell is this crap...but they are really funny and have some good info from time to time

In my opinion those are the best 2, and I have checked out like 7 different podcasts
I think Basic Brewing Radio had some great content but is on the decline, I think The Brewing Network is still as good as every and very entertaining.

Download The Brewing Networks Jamil shows before you have to pay for them!!

Yeah I like BrewStrong, but I find I can't listen to the other brewing network shows as the chit-chat just starts degrading into crazy juvenile drivel. The bits of actual content is top notch, I just wish they had a good editor to tighten things up.

I'll echo the above with Basic Brewing Radio and the Brewing Network podcasts. There is also Final Gravity Podcast based in NJ, you'll usually get some decent info on 2-3 topics before everyone gets rowdy on that one.

I enjoy the rowdiness on Final Gravity Podcast, it makes things fun and keeps it interesting.

Basic Brewing
Brew Strong
Sunday Session (lots more junvenile chatter, but sometimes they have an interesting topic and/or guest)
Haven't watched too many others, but I have been wanting to get homebrewertv on my droid to play properly so I can take it on the road.

I listen to the brewing network shows. There can be allot of bs, but I find it funny and it makes the commute go by quicker. I tried the Basic Brewing podcasts but it was like listening to my father do a radio show. Boring with corny jokes.The brewing info wasn't worth the time.

Back