Favorite American Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhythmsteve

Reaction score
What is your favorite American Brewery?

Mine is Dogfish Head

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Legunitas. Great malt and hop profiles, to my taste of course.

Although my east coast location limits availability to some of the best west coast and Midwest brewery's. Bells, Russian river, etc.

It's so hard to pick just one! I'd have to say my favorite is Boneyard in Bend, OR.

I'll have to put my vote in for Sierra Nevada. While I wouldn't claim any of their beers are my absolute favorite, all of their brews are mighty tasty and the have a huge selection and seasonals to keep it fresh.

Three Floyd's. I don't even want to know how much money I've dropped for their beer.

Mine would probably be Three Floyd's if I still lived in Indiana.. Bristol if I lived in Colorado Springs just because of the atmosphere.

But, for my overall impression of everyone of their selections -- Oskar Blues

Big fan of Dogfish of course. Locally, Victory has a huge selection of very good beer. But if I had to pick one, it would be Firestone Walker. I can't tell you the smile I get when I find a bottle or two of their anniversary ale each year. They are barrel aging and blending masters!

New Glarus Brewing in New Glarus, Wisconsin. And they distribute ONLY within the state of Wisconsin! Fortunately, I live only 18 miles south of the border!

glenn514:mug:

Long Trail.

Long story, but they will always be my favorite brewery for what they did for me and my family (and community) after Hurricane Irene.

Plus I'm really digging their Ramble (Kolsch) brew.

Bells' Brewing
Kalamazoo, Mi

or

New Belgium
Boulder, Co.

Depends on where I am sitting, am i stting at a bar in Mi
Or am i sitting at a bar in Co. ?

:mug:

Out of the beers that are at the very least regionally available, Firestone-Walker is producing some of the best beer in the country imo. Across their entire lineup, I haven't had anything less than an exemplary example of whichever style beer of theirs I happen to be drinking.

New Glarus Brewing in New Glarus, Wisconsin. And they distribute ONLY within the state of Wisconsin! Fortunately, I live only 18 miles south of the border!

glenn514:mug:

If I had been asked this question a couple years ago, I would have said Bell's (which I still REALLY like), but I have come to appreciate what a fantastic brewery we have in New Glarus and they're my number 1 now.

Toss up between Pipeworks and Half Acre depending if I'm at home or at the brewery.

Have you had/heard of Tighthead Brewing? It's a block from where I'm moving in two weeks (Mundelien, by the NCS Metra stop), I had their Irie and it was pretty good.

I've gotta throw in another vote for Firestone Walker. I want to live in their Barrelworks facility and never leave.

This is an incredibly hard question.

In no particular order...

Funkwerks
Odell
Jolly Pumpkin
Russian River

Right now probably Great Divide.
Maybe Dogfish Head if I could afford more of their fancy stuff.

Sante Adairius Rustic Ales is my fav, second is Firestone Walker.

I feel funny buying beer though, I think to myself why?... I have ten gallons at home!

Big Sky Brewing in Missoula, MT. It was my first, still my favorite. Odell is really good too. And Deschutes.

Big Sky Brewing in Missoula, MT. It was my first, still my favorite. Odell is really good too. And Deschutes.

Yea Big Sky - I'm a Missoula boy and love BSB, and Bayern (awesome German lagers), Kettlehouse (Bongwater anybody), and now Droughtworks (A brewers brewery - always something interesting on tap).

Equinox. Fort Collins, CO.

It's interesting how folks like me from TX name Ft. Collins breweries that haven't even been distributing here (O'Dells just started this month:)) as their favorites.

What a shame that the state laws and regs in TX are, even with the 2013 changes, not as friendly towards microbreweries as they are in places like CO and WA.

Hair of the Dog in Portland is one of my favorites- haven't had anything that didn't blow me away from them yet!

Back