You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I still heat water in the microwave, even in the same cups, but I drop a toothpick in first. That way there are nucleation points for the bubbles.

If you just rinse out your teacups after use, instead of cleaning them thoroughly, you never have this problem.:p

You want to install a night vision webcam in your fermentation chamber so you can watch your beer ferment from work.

Good news! If you can take apart your current webcam you can probably remove the infrared filter. Then all you need for night vision is an ir light source.

Especially since one of the defenitions of a dog is rex. A T. Rex dog on the label? I'd brew the stout with oak. Sounds darn good too.
I've been thinking of try to see if BB has that milk stout kit in partial mash...with the 4oz of French medium toast oak chips I've got laying around.

twalte said:
Your Pennsylvania laws are terrible!! I can't image having to go to a beer distributor or tavern to buy my beer!!!! What century is this?

Yeah here in Canada we can only buy beer till 2am and you always seem to need more at 2:15. Never fails!

When you swear on your grandfathers grave Bob Barker just told someone about the maytag kegerater/keezer they just won.

I ferment in the laundry room since it has a linoleum floor & it's much easier to clean up the mess when it overflows. (Didn't use a blow off tube). I close the door since the washer & dryer are loud!

Walked in after a night of fermenting & the sweet smell of beer hit me over the head. I quickly rushed in & closed the door to breath deep!

BigPicture said:
I ferment in the laundry room since it has a linoleum floor & it's much easier to clean up the mess when it overflows. (Didn't use a blow off tube). I close the door since the washer & dryer are loud!

Walked in after a night of fermenting & the sweet smell of beer hit me over the head. I quickly rushed in & closed the door to breath deep!

Lol I do that every morning since I ferment in my bathroom closet

When the majority of your 9-5 is devoted to recipe creation, tweaking and oogling upgrades for your system.

I am not sure why I haven't been fired yet.

When the majority of your 9-5 is devoted to recipe creation, tweaking and oogling upgrades for your system.

I am not sure why I haven't been fired yet.

Yeah, I can usually wrap the boss into a thirty minute conversation about beer or wine once or twice a week. That helps me cover my 'activities'. ;-)

...you see a link for a video entitled "Seal Hops in Family Boat," and wonder why someone would be repackaging their hops on board a boat, until you realize it's about an actual seal. Hopping into a boat. And then you feel let down.

...you see a link for a video entitled "Seal Hops in Family Boat," and wonder why someone would be repackaging their hops on board a boat, until you realize it's about an actual seal. Hopping into a boat. And then you feel let down.

I was wondering what Seal hops were ...

...You get a nasty cold, and decide the best way to treat it is by inhaling steam...
...from a pot of wort in a rolling boil for 90 minutes.

Wen you see an empty bottle and are not sad because there's no more beer in it, but because there's no beer in it yet.

Back