Rdwhahb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nodnarb

Reaction score
I started my first homebrew sunday....muntons continental lager....I read "How To Brew" by J.P. twenty minutes ago...I feel like the biggest ars for following the directions on the can instead of doing a little more research...my pride tells me to dump so my friends don't have to lie to me on my first batch of mosquito water...Is there hope?

Of course there's hope! Your beer will be drinkable. Now, you can make better beer the next time but, for now, you have to start someplace! Drink up this first batch, enjoy it and learn from it. You'll have something to drink while waiting for your second batch to be ready!

even if i make a batch that isn't so great i drink it. 1 - to learn from the batch so i know what to do next time...2 - why waste money and beer!?...3 - if it's really bad the painful experience will make me brew better next time :D

i'm sure it will be fine! Congrats on your first homebrew! :mug:

Let it go and give it a try. You have nothing to lose.
Do some research and ask us questions. We will have you brewing good beer in no time.

By the way, welcome. :mug:

I already expect my first batch to be flawed in some fashion, the last thing I would do is subject my friends to my misery...

what did you do so terrible? I just started a Muntons Connoisseurs Range Pilsner Kit also.

If you followed the directions you will be fine. My first brew was a Mr. Beer kit, far from perfect, but it was drinkable. As long as your sanitation was OK, you will have a far better beer than you expect.

Brew ON!!!

McKBrew said:
If you followed the directions you will be fine. My first brew was a Mr. Beer kit, far from perfect, but it was drinkable. As long as your sanitation was OK, you will have a far better beer than you expect.

Brew ON!!!

I was so intent on sanitation that I broke my hydrometer...so I dont have an initial reading...but my new one should be here soon...if it weren't for the hoegaarden in the fridge I would be REALLY stressed...:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Give it time unless you really FUBAR'd it, but maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. However, if it sucks, life is too short to drink ****ty beer, dump it if you don't like it.

BTW...love the handle. That happens to be my first name too. ;)

Pleasantly suprised.........this is what I'm hoping for...I'll ignore my expectations for a few weeks...

AWESOME board yall have....wish I would have found it a little sooner...

nodnarb said:
Pleasantly suprised.........this is what I'm hoping for...I'll ignore my expectations for a few weeks...

When I did my first batch ( a brown ale, LOL), I know SwAMi and I really screwed it up during chilling, but it turned out to be a great beer. I wouldn't have stuck with this hobby if that first beer really sucked, but I also didn't have this forum to teach me, either.

Even if your first one isn't up to par, your second one will be because we have many, many technical experts here to instruct.

Back