Home Brewing Magazines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhammers91

Reaction score
I am just looking to get some additional reading material and was just wondering what other people find as valuable when it comes to reading material magazine wise? Any free suggestions?

Thanks

I enjoy Brew your own and if you become a member of the AHA you get a subscription to Zymurgy. I look forward to the arrival of each one and they bring lots of great info as well as recipes to enjoy and learn!

Your best source of information is the Forums. If you wonder about a certain 'experts' take on a subject, you can further investigate it via the internet. Magazines are full of ads, take up space, and sometimes are filled with off-the-wall-articles. (I just cancelled all my motorcycle media because they decided everyone was only interested in crotch-rockets.)

BYO and Zymurgy. Both have ridiculously good information. I especially like BYO, because it has a lot of DIY projects. I've built the hop spider (saw it on HBT before the BYO article though), I've built the water filter thing that hooks up to your outside faucet, I've built the temperature controller to use my mini-fridge as both a keggerator and fermentation chamber...everything from the parts to the wiring were in the article. They've had tons of clone recipes either given to them from breweries or designed by award winning homebrewers. Both magazines have writers with the credentials, history, and reputation. They're also magazines that I save because I go back and look up something relating to a project, style, recipe, etc.

Back