Wedding Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mykayel

Reaction score
I normally don't bottle (kegs and on tap) and hence normally don't lable, but we did a wedding brew and glasses for favors (even though my mother-in-law thought the idea was tacky). I thought they turned out really nice and just thought I'd share. I wish I would have done the printing on the glasses in white instead of back as with any beer with a little bit of color and you can't really see the printing.

beerglasses.jpg

beerglass2.jpg

Very nice and the photos are great! Professionally done, I imagine. And, sadly, that will likely not be the last time your mother-in-law thinks you are tacky :)

And tells you so.

WOW. I'm actually planning on brewing all the beer for my wedding in about a year. Thanks for sharing these pics - it definitely gives me some ideas. Great job.

guess you drink lots of SA as it seems all the bottles are theres...I'm in the process of saving up my empties for my own Wedding Brew next August.

How many guests? How many batches did you brew? All one style?

Yeah I don't understand how this is tacky. Looks great and professionally done to me.

Personally I'd be excited to get beer and a pint glass in place of all the other random crap people usually give away at their wedding. Who really wants some clutter memorializing other people's wedding date? A pint glass and a beer is indispensable.

We got a ton of compliments on them... and I will give my mother-in-law credit she did think that it turned out looking good after the fact, she just wasn't fond of the idea from the get go... but I stood my ground on that one. I too thought that this was a great idea and actually a practical gift instead of the typical wedding favors; and it was something that actually meant something to me as I made it instead of just some piece of choclate from the store. We also completed the 'set' with some nice leather coasters that I haven't posted pictures of.

We had about 150 people and I did two 10 gallon batches and I ended up with about 140 bottles but only 100 or so people took them (and that many glasses were taken). I did the same beer for both batches, an Irish Red so that they lables could be the same for all of them, that and it is one of my favorite beer and most of my friends really liked it to.

We ordered the glasses from http://www.egrandstand.com/ and they were very helpful. I originally planned on doing the glasses just as gifts for my wedding party, but the price difference for ordering in bulk was not much more (it cost about twice as much to get 196 glasses versus just the 48 for the minimum order), although they were a local company only about 40 miles away. I'm not sure I would have done this if I had to pay for shipping on that many glasses. And I bought a few extra than I 'needed' for the wedding as for such a good price I just couldn't pass it up, so I have an extra case or so now.

Thanks so much for all the compliments from you guys too, and yes those were some pictures from our professional photographer.

Most of those bottles I bought off of craigslist for cheap... anyone else planning this that doesn't already have that many bottles, that's a good place to find them.

I also am doing this for my wedding, found the glasses at Staples promotional products (google it) COuldn't beat the shipping. I did not tie it into my "brewery" name though... And we are doing kegs. So yours looks much cooler!!!

Just wondering who or where you got the labels printed from?

My wife did them and she says that they were from http://www.labelsbythesheet.com/ and they were the water resistant type.

One thing that I would do differently is for the glasses, I would do a white print instead of the black. The black just doesn't show up at all if you have a beer that's dark colored at all (which most of my beers typically are). The black definitely looks good by itself though.

The only thing I would worry about, is the place of venue you plan to serve these. Make sure they are ok with you giving out free beer.

The only thing I would worry about, is the place of venue you plan to serve these. Make sure they are ok with you giving out free beer.

That's a good point... at my wedding, they wouldn't serve any kegs like I also wanted, but they didn't have any problem with me giving them away as favors as they weren't being consumed there. But yes, asking is a good thing, last thing you'd want is to show up with all this beer and they refuse to let you give them away.

This thread is perfect. I'm actually doing the same thing for my brewing buddy's wedding. We have 4 different batches going and I just came here to Label and Display discussion to look for water resistant labels. We always "paste" our labels on with milk... I'm pretty sure I got that idea from a sticky here on HBT. But the milk adhesive labels always fall apart when they're on ice.

Thanks for the labels link. Any idea if these are the 4 x 3 1/2s?

I don't think the glassware is in the groom's budget... but those are so nice that I might just have to make that my wedding gift.

I guessed 4 x 3 1/2 because I measured the Victory Hop Wallop that I was drinking. Yours actually looks more like 2" x 3"?

Is that correct? I hope so because you get 12 on a sheet.

Back