How large is your pipeline?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertbartsch

Reaction score
I'm just starting to build a pipline and have 8 cornies and 8 five gallon fermentors.

I like heavier beers so long conditioning is a factor for me. I drink about 1 keg or more per week.

...just wondering if I'm about average...

Thx..

we go through about 1 keg every 2-3 weeks at my house. I currently have 3 kegs on tap, 3 kegs lagering, 1 batch carbing up, and 10 gallons in the fermenter.

Not enough!!!

A KEG A WEEK?!? I'm not judging you, but DAMNIT BOY!!1 :ban:

I keep 4 kegs on the gas conditioning in my basement, 2 kegs on tap in the kitchen kegerator, and my fermentation freezer stays pretty busy...

2nrh307.jpg

I don't know how you go through a keg a week: That's some impressive drinking, sir! I drink about 1-2 bottles per day.

I've got about 3 whole batches conditioning in bottles right now, 3 more that I have been drinking, 10 gallons in the fermenter, and 5 gallons brewing right now.

3 cornies (2 on tap)

2 1/4 bbl kegs for frementors

1 5 gal carboy if need to have more storage.

probably will pick up some more cornies in the near future.

a corny a week? Jeez....thats 7 beers/day. I'm all for drinking a lot of beer, but DAMN

We go through about a keg a week or so too. I have a hard time keeping up if I don't brew more then twice (10gal batches) a month. Holiday weekends where I bring some beer camping totally disrupt everything. I understand how you feel. Because right now I have 8 empty kegs and two half full ones on tap. I really need to get brewing.

Personally I don't think a keg a week is terrible. 2-3 beers a day per person during the week. A few extras on Fri-Sun. Especially during the summer hanging out at the pool all day.

I usually hae 4-5 kegs filled. 2 kegs on tap at once with another keg carbonated, chilled and waiting for one to kick. I have 10 working corny's at the moment but drink about a keg every 3-4 weeks. I try to brew 5 gallons every other weeks to keep the pipeline flowing.

If you're drinking with others, then 2-3 per person during the week would make sense. The OP said HE drinks a keg a week. That's a lot

I enjoy brewing, and usually have a massive surplus of beer around as a consequence.

My stockpile of beers in various stages from grain to bottle (or keg) is very large, though at the moment I only have one beer in a carboy, which is strange. I'll have that corrected soon, though, I've got short term plans to make a dry stout, an APA, an ordinary bitter, and something (TBD) with the dregs from a carboy that's been conditioning on Brett for a year, and is ready for bottling.

A KEG A WEEK?!? I'm not judging you, but DAMNIT BOY!!1 :ban:

I keep 4 kegs on the gas conditioning in my basement, 2 kegs on tap in the kitchen kegerator, and my fermentation freezer stays pretty busy...

2nrh307.jpg

How do you get that sanke in & out of the freezer? With an engine lift or something?

A keg a week?!?! As has already been stated ... DAMN! ... With hunting season coming up I have a larger than normal pipeline. Currently I have three cornies in the keezer, one on standby, and two batches fermenting. I'll do a batch a week until the middle of September and then

I keep four on tap. Right now I have four more on deck. I'm in the middle of making 6 batches for an Oktoberfest party, so I built up a big backlog to make it through two months of brewing beer that I won't be the only drinker of. So I've been brewing two 5-gallon batches every two or three weeks. After the party I'll probably back off to brewing once a month, but I'll aim to maintain a pipeline so the four are always on tap.

The last time I did a pipeline check was in June here's what I posted. But since this stuff with my heart happened. I haven't been drinking much. Everything but the Chocolate Mole Porter, the new years eve strong ale and the Date wine has been bottled. And is now drinkable.

This was shot and posted on may 10th. If I recall correctly everything but number 5 and 6 are now bottled and drinking.

fermentation_closet.jpg

Caption from when it was posted- My Fermentation Closet: #1 Grain test Pale Ale 1 (dry toasted) #2 German Apfelwein (hard cider @ 3 months) #3 Grain test Pale Ale 2 (soaked in sugar solution then toasted) # 4 Grain Test Pale Ale 3 (soaked in water then toasted) #5 1-gallon Date Wine #6 Old Ale Brewed on New Years, then oaked for a week and racked to a tertiary to bulk age).

Like I said most of that is already bottled.

Besides this I also have bottled a blonde ale that I am now drinking, that I split the batch in half, bottled one as is and racked the other half over peaches and lactose for my girlfriend, which is JUST drinkability now.

Also 7 weeks ago I brewed a new version of my Wit using the new carabrown malt and English Ginger orange marmalade. That I just started drinking this week as well.

In another week I am going to be bottling a new version of my Chocolate Mole Porter, that I brewed three weeks ago, the one that I won a Bronze Medal at the world expo of beer for the Spiced Herb Veg category this winter, and brewed again just for contests this summer.

I start vacation in another week, and usually manage to brew 2-3 batches during that time.

I keep four beers on tap with another cold conditioning ready to step up when the next keg blows. In the cellar I have another four kegs in reserve. When two kegs are empty, I brew.

So a cornie holds roughly 2 cases or 48 twelve-ounce beers; right? ...you guys are breakN my horns!

OK, so maybe a cornie will last 10 days (48/10 = 4.8 beers per day)!

When I start a new keg I toss the first 4 or 5 glasses to get rid of any gunk at the bottom.

Anyway, the last couple of kegs I have noticed that the beer is much better tasting toward the end of the keg, so I have concluded that my brews need additional conditioning time. So this means my pipeline needs to be fairly large.

I keep 2 beers on tap as well, and a few different ones in bottles (I like to save past beers). I just bought 2 more kegs that I will use to rotate. I would say that I'm in the 1-2 beers a night with some dry spells in-between. I try to share as much as I can when I go over to peoples houses so I can brew more :p . My pipeline is pretty slow though because I drink a lot of commercial beers.

2 beers on tap, but my new kegerator should be built in a week so I will then have 4 on tap. I usually get though a keg in about 3 weeks.

I have 2 beers fermenting and will be brewing 3 more within the next week or two.

I have more capacity than I am able to brew at the moment. Mostly because my space got totally disrupted when I moved. I'm just now getting back into the swing of it.

Pre-move, I was doing 5 gallons per week, with one 6.5 gallon carboy and one 5 gallon carboy. I have been doing about *blush* 5 gallons every two months since moving, due to all types of problems with my schedule... but the equipment I have increased (yay). I now have 2x 6.5 gallon carboys, 4x 5 gallon carboys, 2x 3 gallon carboys (small batch testers), and one 10 gallon oak barrel. If I were brewing full force, with a longer-aging beer in the oak barrel, I could pump through about 20 gallons per week. The problem is that there is no way I could drink it that fast and I would be coming home and brewing three nights a week. I still need to finish going all grain before I can really afford to do that!

So, my intended throughput is 30-40 gallons per month, with a few longer-aging beers and ciders. I suspect my Wednesday and Saturday parties are going to convert from purchased beer to me being the beer provider, once I have enough variety on hand.

Good lord, that's a lot of beer ... I might have to start kegging, rather than bottling.

At least you guys have it figured out so you always have something on tap. I have 2 corny's, 5 - 6.5 gal fermenters, 4 - 5gal carboys, and a 6 gal fermenter. I got about 9 cases of bottles. I try to keep something on tap but it never works out like that. Between clearing the beer and carbonating in the keg, about every other month, I have a week where I got nothing on tap.

I had a couple brews in the fridge and was going strong... then I moved. Projects at the house destroyed my little pipeline. I thought I was out until I found a few more bottles in the closet.

However, along with the move came 2 new 6 gallon better bottles, a bunch of kegs and a chest freezer to convert. Already have one of the better bottles bubbling away. The other should be filled within the next week or so. So, there are brighter days ahead for my pipeline.

I have a 6 tap kegerator.
Right now i have 3 on, 1 10g batch ready to keg friday and 3 cornies just waiting for the one in the kegerator to get empty.

I have 4 6.5gal carboys. I try to keep 2 of them full at all times.

Come vacation time, I am going to keg all my cornies filled and 20 gal fermenting so i can get all 6 taps filled. Till then, I dont have much time to brew...So brew bout every 2 weeks more if i am worried i am going to run out.

I go thru around a keg a week, Depending on the week...Company, And if i take my beer anywhere.

I have three 6.5 gallon buckets and two 5 gallon glass carboys. I try to keep three batches in fermentation consistently with remnants of three or four batches being consumed continuously. Currently have three in primary, two of which are being bottled this weekend.

I have 26 sixth bbl kegs, 6 cornies, 5 50l kegs, 4 refrigerators (storage and fermentation) 2 jockey boxes, 1 1/2 pallets of grain, around 20 different bags of specialty grains and adjuncts, 8-120 qt coolers, around 35 lbs of hops, 6-6.5 gallon carboys, 1-5 gallon carboy, 8-1 gal glass jugs for tests, 2 stir plates, 4 erlenmeyer flasks, more airlocks, racking canes and sanitizer than I should have, over 40 packets of dry yeast(s) several different strains, about 14 liquid strains (some new smack packs, some white labs vials and some washed by me), a bedroom dedicated to only holding brewing equipment and a very understanding wife.
at the moment I have kegged, 10g Classic American Pilsner, 10g Robust porter, 10g Dales Pale clone, fermenting I have 10g of a house pale, 10g of Pliny the Elder clone, and 10 g of an American wheat beer. on tap I have 5g of a Belgian Golden strong, 5g of Wit, 5g of a German Hefe, and 10 gallons of my house pale ale, we go through about 10g every 2 wks between the pool, friends, birthday partys and cookouts, UFC fights etc...etc...
WOW, seeing it all written out is scary, looking at it everywhere is worse and drinking it is great! I wonder how much money all this has cost me????

At this point I am still pretty new to brewing. I have 1x6.5g carboy 1x5g carboy 2x3g carboys 2x6.5g buckets. I am up to 7x Ball lock Cornys and 4x Pin Lock. I have am building up my pipeline. I have 3 beers in primary and 1 in secondary. I just need to brew more.

4 cornies on tap in keezer, 2 conditioning in keezer, usually one or two lagers in the lager fridge, plus a couple 'on-deck' at room temp. Plus bottles everywhere I can fit them. I only use 3 five gal glass carboys (I have a couple of 6 gal but almost never use them anymore) and brew a 5 gal batch almost every weekend.

Pipeline is doing well but the PM stuff is not nearly as good as the AG so I have been trying hard to get the PM stuff drank (Mostly this is an issue for SWMBO)

I have no keg set up yet but do have parts and plans...

My sig is current. Each batch was about 50 bottles, give or take just a few.

I drink about 3 beers every night and LOTS on the weekends, when I have no responsibilities/family things to tend to... :drunk:

1 keg a week? Of heavier beers? I am jealous.

I'll kill a keg a month if I'm lucky. Now that I split my CO2 line conditioning shouldn't be an issue.

I have three 6 gallon fermenters, and two 5 gallon.

15 kegs, total (nine 5 gallon and four 3 gallon).

Usually have about 10 gallons fermenting, and beer in 10 kegs or so.

Four taps, room for six kegs in the kegerator.

Currently on tap:

Amber Ale
Light Lager
Cherry Wheat
American Wheat

:mug:

Trying to lose weight, so I am only drinking on the weekends now. Kegs tend to last longer that way, too.

Back