applewein with grape juice concentrat question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer_me_ASAP

Reaction score
Just taking a different approach to applewein with the grape juice concentrate. My question is how long does it take till applewein starts getting a little clearer? This is my first applewein but I wanted a grapier flavor if possible thats why I added the grape juice concentrate. Another question I have is what is the best way to make wines sweeter if this turns out to be really dry.

In general if wines turn out too dry then you need to kill the yeast and add back table sugar (pure cane) to sweeten to taste.

Just taking a different approach to applewein with the grape juice concentrate. My question is how long does it take till applewein starts getting a little clearer? This is my first applewein but I wanted a grapier flavor if possible thats why I added the grape juice concentrate. Another question I have is what is the best way to make wines sweeter if this turns out to be really dry.

I posted a recipe in the Cider forum that uses grape juice concentrate along with apple juice for a cider but I find that it doesn't really affect the taste that much and you can't even tell it's in there unless you knew it. It does add a little body to the finished product though. Big Kahuna tried a bottle of it. You might ask him about his impressions.

The cider should be clear in 2-3 months.

I like to use frozen apple juice concentrate to backsweeten. It supplies concentrated sweetness as well as more concentrated apple flavor. Be aware that it will begin to ferment again unless you've allowed it to ferment completely dry and then stabilized it with sorbate and metabisulfite prior to back sweetening. Depending upon the sweetness level you desire, anywhere from 1/2 to one can of frozen concentrate should add the desired level of sweetness to a five gallon batch.

Back