Who likes smuttynose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, I'm going to try my hand at an oatmeal stout partial mash kit I'm getting from Northern Brewer. I also ordered 4oz of cocao nibs I'm going to soak in a single malt scotch for 24 hours and maybe have a coffee addition but not sure about the coffee yet.

Should I use some Irish Moss on this style of beer?

What is this smutty nose you speak of?

photo.JPG

I like Smuttynose a lot. The robust porter is one of my favorites, and their rotating Big Beers are consistently excellent. The brewery and sister brewpub (Portsmouth Brewery) are both fun places to visit.

Big fan of Smuttynose myself. And yeah, they have Olive, the old chocolate lab, on the labels for Old Brown Dog the brown ale and Really Old Brown Dog the old ale (part of their rotating "big bottle" series). Love the heck out of both of those. If I'm not mistaken, they're moving to a new facility this summer. Their old one is cool to visit, if only to see how to cram a large regional brewery into a medium sized building. The new one promises to be really cool.

I've been there several times and am a big fan. In particular, their Robust Porter and Old Dog Brown Ale are at the top of my list of great beers. Wonder if they're hiring... I've been looking for a great excuse to move to New England and would love to work in the craft beer industry.

I LOVE Smuttynose :) Old Brown Dog, Finestkind IPA (ayuh) and Robust Porter are the top three choices when I go to buy beer (mostly when I don't have any of my own at the ready). I've been to the new brewery over on Towle Farm Road, and it's FANTASTIC. The whole place is LEED Silver certified, tour groups walk on the brewery floor (unlike Redhook where you're crowded into a visitors gallery), the tours are FREE (or they were over the summer). They also plan to open a pub/restaurant on site, in addition to a function hall, bike trails, and disc golf. Sounds like a great place to hang out and a great place to work :)
Make mine a Smutty :drunk:

Back