Well shoot, that didn't last very long.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F250

Reaction score
:cross:

Well, I've only got two 500ml bottles left of my British Bitter. Since it's a low gravity session beer, I had no problems enjoying it almost nightly. :rockin:

I liked it well enough to order another kit from NB, it's just so drinkable.

I bottled a batch of Irish Red last night and plan to brew a batch of Pale Ale this weekend, plus I have a batch of Lite Ale about ready to bottle, so I should be able to get the pipeline filled here soon, but I'm going to have a lag period regardless. So, I picked up some Pale Ale from both Schlafly and Sierra Nevada, plus some of SN's Torpedo IIPA. I also got a 750ml bottle of Double Wide IIPA from Boulevard, so I won't have to go thirsty. :)

One thing I noticed about the Bitter, it was good after 3 weeks of bottle conditioning, but 4+ weeks it was even better. The extra 7-10 days really smoothed it out and the taste of the malt acquired a nice roasty flavor that was really pleasant. I'd recommend this brew to anyone, hop head or not. :mug:

Rick

One of the homebrewer cliches I've found to be true is that the last bottle of the batch is usually the best. Some say patience is the most important skill for a homebrewer to develop, and I tend to agree.

One of the homebrewer cliches I've found to be true is that the last bottle of the batch is usually the best. Some say patience is the most important skill for a homebrewer to develop, and I tend to agree.

But it's so hard to do. :eek:

I left this alone for 6 weeks, but after that I tore through it! :tank:

Rick

But it's so hard to do. :eek:

I left this alone for 6 weeks, but after that I tore through it! :tank:

Rick

It does get easier if you have a good pipeline going. Mine is big enough that I can let them sit for as long as I want because there is always another brew that has had the time to age.

First batches do go quickly.

Get brewing.

Your subject line of, Well Shoooot........ Reminds me of mater off of the disney cars movie. Being that my son is watching it right now it gave me a chuckle.... Glad your enjoying your home brew my friend, we are lucky people to have this opportunity...:mug:

tow-mater.jpg

Back