Hilarious Misinformation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GilaMinumBeer said:
Given that the org was founded 43 years ago I am willing to bet that to 90% of the people taking the cert it is an entirely true statement.

So, then, I ask again. What difference does it make?

To you, none, apparently. I happen to believe that if you are going to have a test and want to maintain credibility, you should actually have true answers on your test.

And for the final time, the statement it's not true for 90% of people, unless somewhere on the test, it said "answer as it applies to your establishment," which we have no reason to believe it did. if it is indeed an "always" statement with no other modifiers or conditions, as it was presented here, it is simply false. For 100% of people taking the test.

Oh, and if a test is going to have different "true" answers based on who's taking it, that's a weird test. :D

To you, none, apparently. I happen to believe that if you are going to have a test and want to maintain credibility, you should actually have true answers on your test.

And for the final time, the statement it's not true for 90% of people, unless somewhere on the test, it said "answer as it applies to your establishment," which we have no reason to believe it did. if it is indeed an "always" statement with no other modifiers or conditions, as it was presented here, it is simply false. For 100% of people taking the test.

Oh, and if a test is going to have different "true" answers based on who's taking it, that's a weird test. :D

Ok Gilbert. ;) What part of "Wine and Spirit Education Trust" suggests any credibility regarding the subleties of beer styles? Answer = Whichever part satisfies my employer who pays my check and sent me to this stupid thing in the first place.

GilaMinumBeer said:
Ok Gilbert. ;) What part of "Wine and Spirit Education Trust" suggests any credibility regarding the subleties of beer styles? Answer = Whichever part satisfies my employer who pays my check and sent me to this stupid thing in the first place.

I never suggested they should have credibility around beer. Just that they shouldn't ask the question on their test if they don't want to bother with having the correct answer. Hell, if they asked a question on the test about sumerian architecture, they should have the right friggin' answer.

HAH yeah I realized that a few years ago when I had to get a food handlers card and the "teacher" of the class was reading out the test answers to us (a. c. c. d. ...) Not like those tests aren't mainly all common sense anyways.

I never suggested they should have credibility around beer. Just that they shouldn't ask the question on their test if they don't want to bother with having the correct answer. Hell, if they asked a question on the test about sumerian architecture, they should have the right friggin' answer.

Which would be that Dark mortar is always stronger than light mortar.

Except when it doesn't mortar.

IMO, certification of anything that is not strictly technical is a joke.

To certify anyone on such subjective topics that involve taste and aroma is a joke in itself.

This only furthers my argument that a lot of common knowledge is wrong. Once things become simplified for a large portion of people to understand, information gets lost in translation and the truth becomes diluted. There are, however,some things on this list that are blatantly incorrect. Haha, the dark beer one is my favorite. Take a Bud Light recipe and add a bunch of black patent malt to it, and then take an imperial IPA recipe and tell me which one is stronger :).

Take a Bud Light recipe and add a bunch of black patent malt to it, and then take an imperial IPA recipe and tell me which one is stronger :).

Would be interesting to take that DIPA head to head with a Sinimar DIPA and see which is found to be stronger.

Subjective perception is a very powerful force.

"Dark beer will always be stronger than light beer." That cracked me up as I'm sipping my oatmeal mild.

Should read like a Yogi Berra comment:
"Dark beer will always be darker than light beer."

Back