Remote Thermometer on WOOT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
I'm seriously contemplating this. I already have one of the timer/thermometers similar to this, but it sure would be nice to be able to carry around a little remote that shows the mash temp. And if I were to do the whole tubing/silicone waterproofing thing with the probe, I'd be worry-free. Hmmm...

Got something similar already. Great for watching how your mash is doing and how close to a boil your wort is. Word of advise. Buy a $3.00 length of shrink tubing and fit it over part of the lead and most or all of the mesh wire part and seal it with a heat gun.

I have one that I got before I started brewing - for barbecue. But it works fabulously in wort. I do partial mashes on the stovetop, and can set an alarm for when the mash temp gets over 155, or whatever. Also very handy when chilling with an IC.

I've heard that, but if I can get away from having to find food-grade silicone sealant, and just take a hair-dryer to some shrink-tubing, I'm all for it.

You can get shrink tubing at any electronic parts store. Radio Shack sells it in cut lengths (about 6"), but I've seen it in no-name stores in lengths of up to 3 feet.

Back