Where can I buy sanitizing powder in NYC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeboxer

Reaction score
I have a little bit of B-brite, but now I hear that B-brite doesn't sanitize, and I need C-brite. Is that how it works? Not sure what the difference is.

My batch is now fermenting in a plastic tub (polypropylene, food safe #5) and I have some paint buckets as well (PET, #1). I bought all the plastic containers brand new, so do I need to sanitize them just for leaving them around the house? I want to use them again to squeeze out the juice from the peels and such when fermentation is done in a couple days and I transfer the batch to the secondary (by pressing one bucket into the other).

I'm a newbie, do I have that process right? And about sanitization, what is the best practice? (And again, where can I buy this stuff in Manhattan?)

Thanks!

Also try Corrado's Home Beer and Winemaking Center in Clifton, NJ. That's where I got all my equipment and my crates of wine grapes. (Just didn't want to shlepp out to NJ for one small container of B-brite.)

Back