Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, we've got takers for at least 4 gallons of star san, in case it's not too late to sub them for the smaller ones. If it's too late we'll just have to wait until next time. If it's possible and you are willing to do this, I can send you funds for a lot of 4 today and then collect directly from those who pick them up. Josh

Jmg727
Moses3000
Johns
FermentedTed
ylPaul2000
Brian N

Bill, we've got takers for at least 4 gallons of star san, in case it's not too late to sub them for the smaller ones. If it's too late we'll just have to wait until next time. If it's possible and you are willing to do this, I can send you funds for a lot of 4 today and then collect directly from those who pick them up. Josh

Jmg727
Moses3000
Johns
FermentedTed
ylPaul2000
Brian N

added the 4 gallons. please send money. thanks.

I paid Bill for 4 gallons of the Star San. There are two left after FermentedTed and me. The next two people who contact me and pay next can have the other two.

Wire transfer payment has been submitted. Their bank is local in Chicago so they should have the money within a couple of hours I was told by my bank. Will keep everyone posted.

Yesterday I went to Lowes to pick up some 5 gallon food grade buckets for all the grain I ordered. I picked up 15. I also received a contractor discount of $.50 off each bucket. Not a bad deal if I do say so myself. Each bucket was $3.97, minus the discount, $3.47.

I paid Bill for 4 gallons of the Star San. There are two left after FermentedTed and me. The next two people who contact me and pay next can have the other two.

you need to let me know who is getting each of the gallons of starsan once you know yourself. thanks.

I did not hear back after the payment was submitted today. So I have no news. I should have more info on Monday. Delivery will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

jmg727 said:

Wait so who do I pay? I'll check in the morning and pay then.

you need to let me know who is getting each of the gallons of starsan once you know yourself. thanks.

The four people who are getting a one gallon jug of star san are:

JMG727
Moses3000
Johns
FermentedTed

All are paid up and each should get a refund for the 32 oz out of stock star san at pick up.

Thank you again.

The four people who are getting a one gallon jug of star san are:

JMG727
Moses3000
Johns
FermentedTed

All are paid up and each shoudl get a refund for the 32 oz out of stock star san at pick up.

Thank you again.

Thanks, Josh

&($;! Winter storm warning tomorrow. Snow forecasts of up to 10" - hopefully it's all hype but it would be great to get it under roof today.

(Bill's forklift isn't built to operate in snow and its about 100' down the alley to pick the skid off the semi bed)

&($;! Winter storm warning tomorrow. Snow forecasts of up to 10" - hopefully it's all hype but it would be great to get it under roof today.

(Bill's forklift isn't built to operate in snow and its about 100' down the alley to pick the skid off the semi bed)

This weather could be problems.

I'm only 20-30 min away, if you would like help shoveling snow, just send a text.

Bucket Brigade! Errr... Shovels! Errr... Tire Chains! Errr... I have even more unreasonable suggestions where those came from!

Depending on the flexibility of the drop, this could be a mess. :)

Good fun.

Polboy said:
I got my pump today, now i just need an adapter, some glue and i guess 1/2" OD pvc
Why do you have 2 buckets in there?

All this talk inspired me this weekend... Wow... I think I actually enjoy cleaning kegs and carboys now!

image-794506456.jpg

i made my carboy cleaner as well, im gona use it by the end of the week after i transfer my saison but test run was good, im just not sure if oxiclean and starsan wont foam too much, test run with 2 gal of starsan left me with inch of foam on the bathroom floor and pump starting to run dry within a min or two, so i guess there will be long run with water only, then oxiclean if needed and quick blast with starsan. Next weekend im gona put together bottle washer per thread provided by Starman.
Bill, if you need more people to help with the grains please let me know, cant guarantee as it depends on time and work/family schedule but i will try to help out if needed

I've got a decent sized snowthrower I can bring and a truck if we need to we can put a skid in the bed. We can put a tow strap or my winch on the lift and pull you no problem. We are a resourceful bunch, it'll be fine.

**Keep us posted when you get delivery confirmation, I'd be happy to run the snowthrower up in advance if necessary.

I have not heard back from MCM but I think we will have to wait until Wednesday at the earliest for delivery. The major snow is supposed to hit tomorrow (Tuesday) during the day. I knew I should have waited another couple of weeks to run the group buy.

I hope they will get back to you soon, i need my brewing fix this friday (yes i have a brewing problem and im starting to get shakes)

Dont forget the lawn chairs for parking!!! Only see this in Chicago. Happy Pulaski Day BTW

Ok, they are working on it. Received the following email a little while ago:

"Hi Bill

I was checking the order confirmation that was sent and there was a discrepancy on the CM-Pale. It was on the original order confirmation as CM-Spils. The correction has been made.

Thanks"

CM-spils is what you get when the split team accidentally gets a sneaky 8% mixed in with the session brews.

UPDATE

I added a link to the 'fulfillment order' in the spreadsheet. this is basically telling us what is being shipped which is even more important because of the substitutions made on out of stock items.

Still have not heard on delivery date confirmation. Will update accordingly.

Snowthower broke :cross: Shovel 2.5 hours by hand. Time for a hopslam. :mug: Glad rain is expected soon............Never thought I would hear myself say that.

Ha, I needed to bother as the ever slight incline of my driveway prevented my Altima from getting in. Me and the girlfriend knocked ours out with shovels in about 30 minutes. She was a hoss.

just shoveled across three city lots, one gangway, front porch, back porch and the steps leading from the busy street to the sidewalk. I'm a little tired but nothing that a home brew can't remedy. I haven't even glanced at the back where deliveries come and go.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate snow? I hate it...

Actually I just made a path. There is still alot more to do, but at least cars can get in and out of the drive way. Too tired to finish. Maybe tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back