What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A stylish kolschburgh style on the final lap and a dubbelville Belgium trapp Chimayville red/premiere clone chugging away. And a cidertown getting old.

10 gallons newest SNPA clone recipe from BYO (just kegged)
10 gallons Just Outstanding IPA clone
10 gallons Janet's Brown Ale

Stoked for all three of these. Brewed practically every weekend the last month.

As of two hours ago, nothing. It's been emptied, into five bottles (unfortunately, I lost 1/3 of the green beer to trub during racking). I've conditioned with brown sugar, which I have never used before. I hope that it will have an effect on the flavor. The color is right, but it's still a bit cloudy. The proof will be in the pudding, and I'll know in March.

My primaries are going to take a break for a few days, until my sister leaves on Sunday. I doubt I'll brew that day, because I have so much else to do. Things which will ultimately lead to me drinking more beer, but not brewing.

I've got about 5.5 gallons of blood orange coriander. New recipe, I can't wait to try it out. 9 more days in the primary and then 1 week in the secondary.

T-Can &Bearcats Wheaton Beatdown ( American wheat ale) I started this to be legged by the Super Bowl. So far so good, fermentation is just about complete. I may give it a week in secondary, the on to legging. Next to it is a Brewers Best Imperial Nut Brown about 4 weeks from kegging.

image-2724390931.jpg

10 Gallons Irish red
10 Gallons Cream ale
10 Gallons Maibock
5 gallons RIS
10 gallons IPA
The kegorator is full
The pipeline is full
School starts again on Tuesday!

Basic Hefeweizen, and a hybrid Bock (traditional bock recipe fermented 70 degrees F with saflager, I guess you could call it a "steam-bock")

Right now I have my Red Hook ESB clone cold crashing in the fridge in primary #1 and a fresh batch of Caribou Slobber churning away nicely in primary #2. Below is a shot of the slobber.

2013-01-22_17-20-36_783_zps56d92f91.jpg

ApocalypseCow said:
5.5 GAL OF PORTER
5.5 GAL OF LAGER
5.5 GAL OF APA 1.0
5.5 GAL 05 APA 2.0
5.5 GAL OF APA 3.0
5.5 GAL OF RAUCHBEIR

I thought building a 4 bucket fermentation chamber was going to be big enough, turns out I still have buckets fermenting in the bathroom.

I think it's like Ricardo's iron law of wages--no matter how much space you have to ferment, it's never enough. I have 58gal of fermentation vessel space, but started planning a 3BBL nano, and recently stepped my fantasy fermenters & bright tanks to 7BBL ;)

At the moment I'm slacking, though:
10gal Sculpin clone, 5gal CAP, 10gal coffee vanilla porter, and (conditioning/aging) 5gal each of Oaked Old Ale and Tart Cherry Farmhouse Braggot.

lambic
lambic
lambic
cranberry lambic
orange lambic
saison
saison
sour saison
brett saison
brett pale ale
sour kvass
hibiscus sour (IO inspired)
sour stout
post pro sour
date sour
biere de garde

SiriusStarr said:
Do you mind sharing the Sculpin recipe? One of my absolute favorite IPAs and I've been looking for a good clone. :mug:

No problem. It sure smells like Sculpin :). I'm about to head to work but I'll post it this afternoon!

Here ya go:

10gal batch
72% efficiency
1.071 OG/1.012 FG (estimated)
~95 IBUs

22.5# MO
2.5# C10
2.0# Carapils
1.0# Caravienne (I subbed Caramunich b/c I had no Caravienne)

Mashed @150F 90min

1.7oz Amarillo 8.5%AA--FWH
1.1oz Chinook 10%AA--60min
0.9oz Columbus 12.9%--60min
0.7oz Styrian Goldings 3.8%--20min
0.6oz Simcoe 12.2%--20min
2.0oz Amarillo 8.5%--Flameout
Whirlpool/hot stand ~20min

Chill to 56F & aerate

Pitched 001, fermenting at ~62F

Dry hopping: 2oz Simcoe, 4oz Amarillo

I'll post my results in a few weeks after a side-by-side comparison :)

A lid, which has a bead of caulk curing on it. I'll check on it Saturday.
If I can get to the brew this weekend, I'll have a gallon of this:

Briese Rye
UK Crystal
Black Pepper
Amarillo
Wyeast Irish Ale

5 gal. Irish Milk Chocolate Stout on the way to keg this week
5 gal. Cherry bomb cider in primary
6 gal. Malbec kit starting tomorrow
Next week ?

5 gal Cooper's Stout
1 gal Chocolate Lavender Stout
Next Week- 5 gal. Kiwi Express NZ IPA
Week after- 1 gal Irish Red

Nothing in the fermenter, but three jars of wild rice wine are off to a good start. I'll check on them next week.

I should stop saying that I'll brew on Friday, but I think I will. I have the ingredients, and I can do a smoked ale with Amarillo that will taste, well, wretched.

Back