Ask a designer *Adobe softwares*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_andersson

Reaction score
Since i am a rookie at brewing but working as an editor and designer, i though i would help you guys out with photoshop, illustrator & inDesign.
I will also attach a pdf guide how to make the common ribbons and other goodies (still working on it).

Post your questions and i will answer them. :)
Please write which version and what software you're using so i know what features you can use.

I'm happy to throw my help in as well. I'm an art director at an ad firm and spend 12-14 hours a day using adobe products.

that would be great. my wife is a graphic designer and use cs 4. id love to be able to use it at my leisure to make labels

Okay I have a question I'm trying to convert a Hop into a Bee. My plan is to take clip art hop and apply stripes to look like a bee, but maintain the hop details. Do I create some sort of layer mask that can change the color yellow and black? I have some experience with PS from a photo standpoint.

Thanks for any help.

If you post an image of the hop you plan on using i'll try and make a screencast in the next day or two

I have a Mac with no special software. I have played around with MS Publisher (on a PC) to make some labels but want to move to the Mac. What software should I use to make basic labels for personal use??
Thanks
doug

I'd poke around the mac app store. There is one program that looks like it has some pretty high ratings called Pixelmator that is only $15.

Do you have illustrator? If you want it from photos photoshop is the best. When it comes to vector illustrator is best. If you do have illustrator please send me a picuture of a bee you like (the composition) and i will help you out. :)

Okay I have a question I'm trying to convert a Hop into a Bee. My plan is to take clip art hop and apply stripes to look like a bee, but maintain the hop details. Do I create some sort of layer mask that can change the color yellow and black? I have some experience with PS from a photo standpoint.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find and open license pic.

I've made a fast sketch for you. Since i don't know how you want it to to look. I made one just from a hop and its leaf. If you want the illustrator file just say and i will upload that too. :)

Bumblebee.jpg

OMG that is awesome! So much more than I would have ever thought of. I only have Photoshop 5, would I be able to open an illustrator file?

Thank you!

OMG that is awesome! So much more than I would have ever thought of. I only have Photoshop 5, would I be able to open an illustrator file?

Thank you!

Thanks! :) Glad to help! I will make each part to highres jpegs or eps so you can use them in photoshop. :mug:

Thank you!

Here is a zipped file, with psd files so its already transparent.

If you want text in the ribbon heres a fast tutorial how to arc the text. :)

Code:
http://speedy.sh/Qh5H5/Bumblebee.zip

Hope it works and happy brewing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back