Forgot the priming sugar!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentdr

Reaction score
I racked my beer this morning and after i was done I relized i never added the priming suger. What's going to happen?

My bet is nothing.

I did that on my first batch but halfway through bottling I realized it. Then SLOWLY poured each bottle back in after I added the sugar solution.

I agree with the others. The other option is to wait. Depending on where it was in fermentation you might get a small amount of carbonation. It will take a looong time though. Chalk it up to experience we all make mistakes and the process is intimidating at first but it will become habit after awhile.

Was it done fermenting? If not, then yes. If yes, then no.

No sugar left to eat the yeast will not be able to produce co2 so you will not get any carbonation unless you add some kind of sugar to the bottles

Your beer will be flat if you don't add some sugar to the bottles. If you don't have carb drops or corn sugar, you can use a teaspoon of table sugar per bottle. Pain to have to open and recap, but probably your best option at this point.

Open the bottles, add the drops, recap, then chalk it all up to experience.

Bet you won't make the same mistake again.

OK so after trying a week old beer there is noooooo carbonation what so ever. Needless to say I pick up the cooper carbonation drops and re-opened all my bottles added the drops and here a week later I have signs of carbonation. This, I guarantee Will not happen again. A hard lesson learned!

Back