No Bubbles in Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamCanFly

Reaction score
So I'm making a berry wheat. It's just a basic wheat which I have racked on to mixed berries in the secondary. It's been in secondary for two days now, and the air lock has not started bubbling. In primary, the gravity readings were the same on day 6 and 7 so I racked to secondary on day 8. I've checked the lid and it is on tight. I have a packet of dry yeast and I'm wondering if I should pitch it to kick start the secondary. Or is it normal to see no bubbles coming from the secondary? I thought the yeast would start eating the fruit in the sugar by now.
Any suggestions would be great! This is only my third brew.

It is normal to not see bubbles, however you added more sugar (berries) so you should be seeing some. OTOH, you removed it from the majority of yeast so it may take a couple days for the yeast to build up enough to start munching again.

Wow that was fast! Thanks for the quick and informative reply! I'll post back when it starts bubbling.

That is a common but weird brew god trick. As soon as you post about no bubbles, you get bubbles. It's a good thing you posted. :D

That is a common but weird brew god trick. As soon as you post about no bubbles, you get bubbles. It's a good thing you posted. :D

For some reason it does happen that way doesn't it?
I just gave up worrying, the beer is ready when it ready and the yeast are going to do their job as long as I do mine right. Providing a good and quality working environment and they are the hardest workers I have ever seen. And oh do I love their performance.

Back