Help! White spots of doom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InertiaticESP

Reaction score
I brewed 3 gal of Tree Top apple cider w/wild blackberries 30 days ago. 4 days ago I racked into secondary to get rid of the leftover blackberry muck. I noticed today that there are white spots.

I picked the wild blackberries in the forest of Oregon and upon returning home, washed like hell and soaked in vodka for 1 hour. I added campden tablet at secondary, not at primary.

Hopefully it's not mold or something! Help! I haven't had issues using fruit, including garden picked, etc. before this. Sorry, the pic is fuzzy in places and those are water marks in the foreground. Thanks! :mug:

IMGP7569.jpg

IMGP7565.jpg

Looks like yeast islands to me, that may have gotten woken up when racked. If it still smells and tastes good I think your ok.

You're fine, I've had the same thing happen and panicked, turned out to be one of the best batches I made that year. Justt let it sit and have faith.

Back