Dual Gauge regulator not working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a dual gauge pressure regulator for my keezer so that I can carb and serve at the same time.

However, When I first hooked up my CO2 regulator (with both valves closed) to my CO2 cylinder and opened it to see how much I had left. What ended up happening was that both pressure relief valves on the regulators opened, the CO2 rushed out, and the needles on both gauges jumped sporadically.

Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? I have a feeling it must be faulty pressure relief valves, but I'm no expert on this sort of thing.

Update: I hooked up my regulator to a QD and connected it to the keg, and the second regulator is hooked up to another QD. When both valves were opened, the gauge going to the keg didn't fluctuate, and actually delivered the CO2, while the other popped the pressure relief. However, when I untightened the QD (so it was just a hose), neither gauges fluctuated. This leads me to believe that the pressure relief valves are very loose, and can't handle any sort of pressure.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Back