BATF PHX - Recruiting Drive 7/24 THUR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Announcing another Beer Acronym To Follow event:

07/24/08 Thursday after work ~6ish

http://thelostleaf.org/

The Lost Leaf
914 N 5th St
Phoenix, Arizona

80+ Beers
20 Wines
3 Sakes
Lambics
10+ Organic Brews & Wines
Off-the-grid Wine
Gluten Free Beer

This is in that artsy district. Do not be confused because it look like someone's house.

Hey, this sounds hella fun. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. :(

Please keep me in the loop for future events and hangouts. Thx!

:mug:

I will try to make it. Possibly have family from out of town coming. Please don't give up on me!

How do I add BATF to my profile? I haven't brewed anything yet, but it would make my profile look cool.

Peace

Sadly I cannot make it. My wife is due any day now, and I can't be that far away from her if she goes into labor.

Argh! Looks like I'm going to have to miss this one. I'm off a little earlier than planned to see the inlaws in San Diego. I will definitely catch you guys at the next event, though.

Had fun last night. It was good to see you guys again and to meet BrandonO and SWMBO. I enjoyed the beers we had last night much more than my last several forays into Bev-Mo. particularly enjoyed the Ommagang?-three philosophers and the Framboise Lambic. I wasn't to impressed with Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout but it was much better when blended with a little of the Lambic. I was caught off guard by the peat flavor of Oscar Blues Old Chub, definetely want to try a black and tan with Old Chub and a cascade dryhopped amber. the bridgeport IPA was not, and I like IPA. No malt flavor, almost no english hop flavor, and slight aroma.
Now that is done, Look what you HBTers have done to me! I'm becoming a beer snob(not that I mind) ;)

The Lost Leaf is a very cool place.
It's a renovated hoime in the "First Friday" arts district next to some other homes that are residences/galleries. There is very little to indicate that it is a beer/wine bar.

Inside, the place is dark and cozy. There are several art piece on the wall for sale.
Later in the evening, there was live music that was a cross between techno and middle eastern music. It was easy to hold a conversation even with the music going on.

The owner found out that we were all homebrewers and bought us a round. Very cool.

I had a good time as well - some pretty tasty beers. Brandon O, very nice to meet you and your wife.

I have to admit I have no clue what I was babbling about with separate tastes and whatever else might have come spewing from my mouth - pretty sure you guys have picked up on my "gift of gab" ;) - or it could have been the lack of dinner - one of the two....

Beerthirty & olllllo, I happen to mention stainless welding to my boss, and he might have a few guys he knows around the valley - I'll let ya know what he says. If he knows people, I'll let ya know.

Back