Lactose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsuyako

Reaction score
So my sister is Lactose intolerant, is using lactose in a brew going to make her bend over in pain or will it ferment out?

Will have to have her use her lactase enzymes if she wants one then so she doesn't get sick.
Thanks a bunch.

To expound on Yooper's answer, the lactose we add to beer is the exact same stuff as lactose in diary products. In fact we extract it from milk. In case you didn't know, is all.

When I made my Milk stout I always told people that if they were Lactose intolerant STAY AWAY.

Thus - to answer your question - yes SPASMS SPASMS

As funny as that would be I would end up dead and she would end up down a twin...:mug:

:off:
If anyone is Lactose Intolerant out there and wants to have a lactose anything seriously get some lactase enzymes, take before, no spasms after! Seriously, you'll be lactose intolerant free from whatever you eat/drink.

I was handing out some of my sweet stout (the batch that didn't have cherries added), and I said 'yeah, I sweetened it with lactose.' A guy I had just met said 'I'm lactose intolerant.' Luckily he was kidding, else I'd have not made a friend that night...

Back