What are you drinking for the holidays?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepkes

Reaction score
I picked out a Firestone 14 for one of my holiday celebrations, and I brewed a trippel for my second gathering.

The question is, what will you be enjoying?

I will be sharing my Stout, Pale ale and English Mild with family and friends.

Just pick-up a 12 of SN Celebration Ale so that my jalepeno porter and chocolate coffee stout.

I'm savoring the last of my "Connection" IPA and supplementing with commercial swill (shock top and kilt lifter at the moment) while I wait for my bourbon beer to age a bit, and my vanilla porter to bottle condition for new years (I don't actually consider either to be swill but they're nothing compared to home brew).

Old ale and Irish Stout. I also have some wit on hand for the BMC drinking part of the family. Maybe my porter will be ready for New Year's Eve.

As far as commercial beers go, I have a sixer of Péché Mortel and I'll probably hit the single malt with my uncle on Christmas Eve.

I brewed an awesome spiced amber Ale... other than that nothing in the pipeline so lots of store bought stuff... Anyone who has access to River Horse beer... you MUST try the Tripel Horse, it is smooth, strong and so delicious.

To start with a little bit of every beer currently in my forum signature.

Then, I'm gonna hit my local brew pub for pours of St. Bernardus Noel, Ommegang Adoration, Three Floyds Alpha Klaus Christmas Porter and Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas Ale. Yum!

I had time to brew several batches from kits and extract recipes this fall and even split a couple to add blueberry extract into half at bottling time so I have a variety to drink.
American Cream Ale
Blueberry American Cream Ale
Red Ale
Blueberry Red Ale
Robust Porter
Spiced Apple Ale (kit plus addition of applesauce in the boil, spiced apple cider in secondary)
Happy Holiday Brew
Blueberry Ale (recipe plus blueberries and blueberry juice)
Black Dog Ale

I'm glad I tried the blueberry extract as an addition but I might not do it again as it changes the mouthfeel in an unpleasant way. The Spiced Apple Ale seemed a little hot but is becoming smoother as it ages a bit.

SN Celebration
Anchor Merry Xmas Happy New Year
DFH Chicory Stout
My dubbel

Unfortunately dual stuck fermentations backed up two of my other brews....talk about terrible odds.

A few things in the beer fridge I've been saving for the day:

N'Ice Chouffe
Cantillon 2005 Lou Pepe
Ale Smith Speedway Stout (with a couple years on it)

I think I'll bring a bottle of St. Bernardus Christmas Ale, a couple bottles of my "Dead Guy" clone and if it's carbed, a couple bottles of my Belgian honey blond. If that's not ready, I'll share the bottle of Duvel Tripel Hop I picked up a couple months back.

The brew I am looking forward to most for the holidays is my mocha stout. I also have two IPAs and an APA in kegs ready to go.

I've got a keg of Mint Chocolate Stout that should be just about ready to drink. And as soon as it hits the stores (hopefully this week) I'll be picking up a bunch of Saint Arnold Winter Stout.

Have an APA I brewed in late October

and my Souless Irish stout, its souless because its brown and more like a porter lol

A bunch of crap until my brews are ready. Hopefully they're not crap as well.;) I used to drink Miller Lite religiously and still have some now and then. But I almost can't stand it after I have gotten in the habit of drinking good craft brews and some of my own "mediocre" concoctions.

I'll be doing a beer and cheese tasting with my parents and brother and his wife when they get into town. On the list are my:

Thunderstruck Pumpkin ale (didn't quite have it ready for TG)
Tarantula Irish Red
Black Butte Porter Clone (regular and vanilla version)
Spiced Mead (made in May of this year, I hope it's mellowed since then)
Empty Stomach Amber Ale (west coast hoppy!)
Kicking Baby Pale Ale
Switzer Mesa Honey Wheat

And probably gonna get some Sam Adams light Boston lager for my mom. Hey, it's better than the MGD she usually drinks. :)

Also available: Dalwhinnie 15 year old single malt scotch my brother in law picked up in Scotland for me, Baileys and Gløgg (Scandinavian mulled spiced wine).

Happy holidays, Everyone!

I made a bourbon barrel imperial porter, and also splurged with a friend of mine on a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin. That one should go a long way!

I'll have 5 kegs on tap, as of today their ready to go. :mug:

Pale Ale
American Brown
Choc. Porter
Irish Red
Fat Tire clone

I brewed a Blonde with some homegrown hops since my family is comprised mostly of light beer drinkers, and i still have some Pumpkin Ale left over too.

Beyond that, all the SN Celebration Ale I can pour into my face. I also had Ninkasi's Sleigher Dark Double Alt recently, which I really liked. Might get more of that if I can...

Latest posts

Back