Awesome Crab Dip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
I had this at a holiday party and they gave me the recipe. This stuff was inhaled by about 15 people in about 45 minutes. I made it with shrimp and some Old Bay, instead of crab, for Christmas day and it was successful again. I plan on trying it again for the Super Bowl with some chipotles for smoke...

1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped finely
2 cups bottled mayonnaise
1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 pickled jalapeno peppers, or to taste, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 pound crabmeat, thawed and drained, if frozen, picked over
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted lightly
Pita triangles, recipe follows

In a small heavy skillet cook the bell pepper in the oil over moderate heat, stirring, until it is softened and let it cool. In a large bowl combine the bell pepper, artichokes, mayonnaise, scallion, pimiento, parmesan, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno peppers, and celery salt, blend the mixture until it is combined well, and stir in the crab meat gently. Transfer the mixture to a buttered ovenproof 2 quart chafing dish or baking dish and sprinkle it with the almonds.
Bake the dip in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and the mixture is bubbly. Serve the dip with the pita triangles.

Pita Triangles:
8 large pita loaves, with pockets
Pam (or any cooking spray)
Salt

Cut each pita loaf into 8 wedges and separate each wedge into 2 triangles. Arrange the triangles rough side up in 1 tight layer in a jellyroll pan, hit them with Pam, and season them lightly with salt. Bake the triangles in the upper third of a preheated 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are crisp and light golden, and let them cool in the pans

Back