Online retailers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbruch

Reaction score
The closest hb store is an hour away from my house. Its a great place, but inconvenient. What is the best online site to have supplies shipped? I haven't graduated to all grain....yet! (If that helps) Still mini mashing. Thanks!!

I'm a big fan of Austin Homebrew. They have tons of recipes which you can get any of them in extract, PM and all grain. I got several partial mash kits from them and loved them all. Plus they have affordable flat rate shipping.

I use MoreBeer. They have a good selection of extremely fresh products, at competitive prices, and offer free shipping on orders over $59, with a few exclusions.

Bob

I use Adventure in Homebrewing. They have had problems in the past with getting product out the door quickly but I have not had a problem recently.

Most of the top online retailers (several mentioned above) are very close in price, selection and service. I would try to find the closest one to you to cut down on shipping.

I'm lucky. My online and my LHBS are both the same....Keystone Homebrew.

I use Adventure in Homebrewing. They have had problems in the past with getting product out the door quickly but I have not had a problem recently.

I haven't ordered from them online, so I can't attest to their shipping or online customer service. But I just bought some yeast from their store in Taylor, MI a few weeks ago. I hadn't been there before, because the other local shop that is about the same distance from me is right around the corner from my dad's house. The store I normally go to didn't have the yeast I was looking for and AiH had it in stock.

Anyway, I would definitely shop at Adventures in Homebrewing again. Good selection. Helpful staff, as far as I could tell. And there were plenty of other customers buying things in the time I was there. That means a decent turnover of stock, which means fresh ingredients. Also, they have a member's club type thing (not sure if it applies to online sales), and when you spend $200 you get a gift card for some amount. And that isn't $200 in one purchase, they keep track over time.

Yes they have the membership club thing for online sales also.
I would love to visit the store some day. At the corner of 69 and 94 I am thinking "left to continue on to see my parents or right to AIH"

Google says I live only 2 hours from them. Online is just easier for me as I can usually get my items in two days or less.

I've only ordered from AHS but I've been very pleased. They have a policy to meet anyone's price including delivery. Currently they are offering free shipping on any beer kit.

Shipping rates for other stuff are $6.99 for under $100 or $4.99 for over $100.

Excellent service and packing. I recently placed an order for a wine kit. When it arrived the date code on the box showed that it had been produced less than three weeks earlier.

I'm also a kit brewer and I've been very happy with the quality of their kits. I've made some very good beers.

Gotta vote for Austin (AHS). Their flat rate shipping puts them over the top IMO. Until my buddy just recently opened his own LHS, AHS was cheaper than my LHS in Tampa that only had to ship 40 miles up the road.

I love Austin Homebrew. Great customer service, flat rate shipping, and the fact that you can order grains by the ounce, and have them mix separate grain bags, so you can order more than one recipe at a time, and they come in separate bags. Haven't ordered from Adventures in Homebrewing, or More Beer, but I've heard good things. Not sure whether they let you order grains by the ounce, though. That's really the tipping point for me, and why I order from AHS. I spend more in gas driving to my LHBS than I do on shipping from AHS. Can't beat it.

Back