Beer Gods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoyScout

Reaction score
Have I ever mentioned how much I love beer? I really, really do. I found a list of Beer Gods and I figure, out of that list, I'm going to become a worshipper of Ninkasi, cause not only do I get beer but she also has the power to satisfy human desire. Seems like a win/win to me. Now I just need to convince my employer that as a Ninkasi worshipper I need to maintain a certain level of inebriation.

http://socyberty.com/folklore/10-ancient-gods-of-beer/

:mug:

Don't forget to mention to your employer that you will require additional break time for those frequent trips to the bathroom as well.:D

Remember - you don't own beer, you only rent it.

i down with Tezcatzontecatl. first, it's just a cool name - that is, if you can say it. likely depends on how many beers you've had.

second:

"In the Aztec tradition, Tezcatzontecatl is the God of pulque (a traditional alcoholic beverage made of fermented juice of the century plant, and similar to beer). He is also associated with drunkenness and fertility"

lol. wonder why those two things are associated :drunk:

image-1094152067.jpg

Just remember to offer some Ninkasi to your boss!

Oh yes...This thread DEFFINETLY needs to be brought back to life....

Wha.wha.wha
Hoo....hoo.....hoo..hoo..hoo.......hooooooooo
Baaa....baaa.bbaaa
**L**. **I**. **V**. **E** <breath of air blows>

I give you life.....

All I ask is that you deaden my senses during the State of Union....

Cheers all!

Witch one makes the room stop spinning after a long night of over indulgence? That is the one I want. I've prayed for that several times, obviously to the wrong deity.

Hay eberywon!!!

It’s my 50th BERTHDAY!!!! And I’m drinking

Outside of brewing beer my 2 nd favorite hobby is reviving old HBT threads and this is an old and a goody..

So welcome to my birthday party.....please have a beer with me to celebrate...or have a homebrew for the gods ... either way...I’m glad you stopped by....cheers!

Speaking of Gods, If one was a Minoen, the following is probably either sacred or sacrilegious, as there was some sort of bull worship in that culture;

I think Nottingham would have been a better choice but i‘m not judging ... we’re all friends here. Wait ...I’m assuming you do not bag your hops..right? I’m just checking....I dont want any hop bagger freaks at my bday party

damn right i bag my hops...i see we're going to have the clash of the titans on this one....but i am a felow virgo....my b'day was the 6th.....

(can't have a couple gods get together and not expect a little scrappin i guess)

well... happy belated birthday my friend....i hope it was a great day filled with hops...bagged or not... :). I also bag hops......looks like I’m out of the closet....ahhhh....i feel so alive!

I must have pissed off some beer gods today...worst brewday in months. Melted my thermometer, melted an airlock, and one of the propane lines to my brewstand developed a leak. Dunno what I did to invoke their wrath but I'm drinking plenty to make up for it....

I must have pissed off some beer gods today...worst brewday in months. Melted my thermometer, melted an airlock, and one of the propane lines to my brewstand developed a leak. Dunno what I did to invoke their wrath but I'm drinking plenty to make up for it....

Let me guess...you’re an extract brewer...sigh

:)

i'm osrry if that's not the right reaction.....i hope it wasn't the new youtube channel.......you know they hate to see us smiling! and, lol, you've got to explain how you "melted" your thermometer?

i'm osrry if that's not the right reaction.....i hope it wasn't the new youtube channel.......you know they hate to see us smiling! and, lol, you've got to explain how you "melted" your thermometer?
He didn’t....the beer gods did.

time to sacririce a 6pack of seltzers into a storm drain and hope for the best

Stupid rookie mistake. It's a magnetic probe thermometer (cheap thank ninkasi) that I left on the brewstand last brewday...of COURSE right next to the burner for the HLT. Surprised it didn't burst into flames. Just got a bit melted on the back, still works, but can't change the battery since the back melted too much. New one winging its way to me tonight, also a new line for the other burner and some more airlocks.

*edit And I've been listening to the new youtube channel all day, can't believe I didn't find this before. It's growing on me.

Happy b-day, Moose! I turned 50 almost 20 years ago, so I kinda, sorta, remember what it was like to be your age.

If you’re keeping score, I’m an all grain brewer, don’t bag hops, and only use dry yeast. I just finished chilling a Brown Ale, but I’ll pause for a moment, before pitching the US-05, to pour a jar of something in honor of your round number. Cheers!

Happy b-day, Moose! I turned 50 almost 20 years ago, so I kinda, sorta, remember what it was like to be your age.

If you’re keeping score, I’m an all grain brewer, don’t bag hops, and only use dry yeast. I just finished chilling a Brown Ale, but I’ll pause for a moment, before pitching the US-05, to pour a jar of something in honor of your round number. Cheers!
Welcome my friend..welcome...the beer gods welcome you also!
Our only enemy is dogma...beer is good...all beer is good and I’m grateful to have you celebrating with me tonight! Cheers!!!

Latest posts

Back