Dallas Brew Scene

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DallasBrewScene

Reaction score
Hello fellow Texas homebrewers!

We will be launching DallasBrewScene.com in the very near future and hope you'll check us out. We will have tons of content centering on the ever growing craft brew scene in Dallas including a homebrew corner where users can share recipes and discuss all things homebrewing.

Cheers!

Job is getting moved to DFW in a few months. Me and the wife are flying down tomorrow to check out the area. Any recommendations for some good food and beer. I'll be staying in grapevine.

Grapevine is chock full of places to eat. The whole DFW is. There's everything from national and local chains to mom and pop restaurants.

Kroger, Whole Foods and Central Market grocery stores have good beer selections. Dr Jekyll's in Pantego is a LHBS that sells hard to find beers.

From Grapevine you can cut Dallas to Oak Lawn and go to The Meddlesome Moth. It's my favorite bar in all of DFW. Excellent food, and the best beer selection.

I wouldn't say the moth has the best beer selection but they have an excellent selection with some beers other places don't have. There are lots of good beer bars going up around Dallas that are within a few minutes drive so you can find some good draft selections/cask selections if you want to make a short tour of places when you're out there (meddlesome moth, gingerman, common table, old monk, idle rich, etc.).

Unfortunately Grapevine doesn't have a lot going on beer-wise but there are several wineries if that's your thing. Main Street has the potential to be more compelling but they do some cool stuff there. There's rumor of a gingerman going into southlake so that will put good beer in your area (and mine). On 121 at Glade is a liquor store/gas station that carries a decent beer selection although they are overpriced.

Lots of interesting restaurants in southlake and grapevine. Las Colinas has some decent stuff. Mostly you'll drive to Dallas, Addison, or west Fort Worth for high end or more exotic restaurants.

Flying Saucer in Addison is a good place to for a beer and they have a good selection.

Back