Mounting a Brewer's Hardware RIMS tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telejunkie

Reaction score
So I've build a little wooden box with a lid that lifts open which is mounted to my brewstand to contain a tri-clover RIMS tube from Derrin. The box just looks awkward with or without the tube...basically not all that happy with it, not feng-shui with the stand. But atm having trouble coming up with better solutions for something that you can very quickly & easily remove the tube.
Am I missing an easy solution...or does somebody have a better design to mount the tri-clover tube onto a brewstand? TIA

I just mount mine with U-bolts to the bottom of the stand with wing nuts so I can easily remove it after a brew for cleaning.

Chromados

I mounted mine with a couple of simple pieces of coat hanger wire and 2 generic springs from the hardware store.
I took a quick pic for posting, thats not how the tube is put together during use.

02f6e16b.jpg

Back