DarkHorse Douple Crooked Tree IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
Mmmm I love me some Double Crooked Tree IPA, I had this on draft a few weeks ago in Detroit, and today found some 4 packs at the store.

How much does a 4 pack of this typically cost? They have a a case I may pick up if any one that hasnt had or cant find it wants a try. ME and my friend intended to share 3 four packs each

Double Crooked Tree I.P.A (taken from dark horse's website)
doubletree.jpg

Have you read the description for the regular Crooked Tree yet? Well this beer is almost the same just double. We actually took the Crooked Tree recipe and doubled all of the ingredients except the water, just the way a DOUBLE should be made. Big hops balanced with tons of malt give this beer a huge body. Although this beer is as cool as "the Fonz" when first purchased, it gets really mellow and smooth with some age. After a year or two stored in a cool dark place you'll notice the heavy caramel and malt flavors are trying to sneak past the hops, they’re just not fast enough. This beer is hugely delicious so it will need your undivided attention (the chores can wait....trust us).

Packages
4/6 bottle
1/6 bbl
1/2 bbl

ABV 13.6%

I love that beer as well. I think I normally pay about $12 - $14 for a 4 pack, but can't remember exactly. I have 12 down in the cellar aging. Can't wait to see how this is with some time.

Back