Dry malt extract and hops hope

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvturakhia

Reaction score
I currently got stuck with 20kgs of DME and 1 oz of the following hops Cascade, Hallertau, Tettang, Saaz, Kent Goldings, along with this i was given multiple packets of muntons yeast, can someone tell me a recipe in where i wouldnt need to buy any more ingredients

I currently got stuck with 20kgs of DME and 1 oz of the following hops Cascade, Hallertau, Tettang, Saaz, Kent Goldings, along with this i was given multiple packets of muntons yeast, can someone tell me a recipe in where i wouldnt need to buy any more ingredients

what kind of DME?? light I'm assuming?

if so just make a simple wheat beer

6 lb's of light dme
1 Ounce of either Hallertau or Tettnany
1 package of muntons yeast.

Is there any other,commutation, or variations for ingredients, sorry i forgot to mention i also have 2kg of Dextrose, and 1KG Malto Dextrin.

Also would there be any name to the beer or beers i will be creating for this simple procedure?

Okay thanks all so much for your help. One last question hypothetically, if say i boil the 6lbs DME and all of the above in 2 gallons of water for 60 mins, would it be wrong if i added the hot Wort to 3 gallons of cold water. Then aerate then pitch when i reached a good temp?

Of course, you will lose some volume to boiloff, but your basic plan is acceptable in the absence of equipment necessary to conduct a full wort boil.

Dechlorinate your tap water if that's what you decide to use for topup.

I've never used it, but there aren't many fans of Munton's (regular, not Gold) yeast here. A $7 pack of liquid yeast and an hour of your time to prepare a starter could be the difference between a beer you merely tolerate versus a beer you adore, especially if you propose to brew without any specialty malts. The sparer the recipe, the more fermentation character becomes the focus of the beer.

Assuming you have light DME, you'll probably be wanting to target the Blonde Ale style, barring the use of outside ingredients not mentioned.

Latest posts

Back