Home Alone Food Part 2- Frittata

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Let me know if these recipes are too simple or if I should keep them to one thread since they go on the same theme.

I remain left up to my own devices. The rules, still, are simple.

1) Super Cheap
2) Super Simple
3) Wife would not want to eat it.
4) 1 pan or pot allowed only

This one sort of fails on #3 since she would totally eat it for breakfast, but I think it fits as she would never dream of making it for dinner.

The Materials

3 eggs
A little milk
One handful shredded cheddar cheese (yes, a cheesemonger's husband will sink to using Kraft from time to time)
kosher salt and ground pepper
3 sweet italian sausages, cases removed
1 small onion, halved and sliced
1 large bell pepper, halved and sliced

Preheat oven to 350

In a non-stick pan, brown and break up sausage with wooden spoon
Add bell pepper and onion and sweat down, covered, until peppers and onions are soft and have a little bit of black around the edges.

In a bowl, scramble three eggs with a little milk, salt, pepper and cheese before pouring into pan with the rest of the ingredients. Make sure the egg mixture covers the bottom in an even layer.

Put entire pan in the oven for 20 minutes.

End device should slide out of pan in one piece, which can then be quartered like a pizza, and consumed with a few spoonfuls of my homemade jalepeno "kick sauce." There are many pairing options available, but I personally recommend "beer".

I often do this especially after I had a nice steak and backed potato that I did not finish the night before, or sometimes I save a little just so I can make this.

I slice the leftover steak into thin bite size pieces. I cube the backed potato and sauté it with the onion. Otherwise I assemble everything as you stated. I typically top mine with some homemade salsa and maybe a bit of sour cream.

Back